Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TDS Changes - Need your input

Trizzy

Registered
Yes, or invest in a REIT fund, which is likely what i'll be investing in when I make the manoeuvre. It's a relatively stable investment, fairly high yields, monthly dividends which are also tax deductible and potential for growth.

OurRealtor

Registered
[quote user=Trizzy]Yes, or invest in a REIT fund, which is likely what i'll be investing in when I make the manoeuvre. It's a relatively stable investment, fairly high yields, monthly dividends which are also tax deductible and potential for growth.

Is that fund managed by investing , sharing funds under Real Estate Investment Trust under the banner of REIN Forum Owners?

Online dictionary says: REIT

REIT (rīt)

n.

A company that purchases and manages real estate or real estate loans, using money invested by its shareholders.

So tell me who owns, runs, operates, it , where is it situated? How many shareholders, how many properties and why is it worthwhile to invest with them? To whom it suits? What are min requirements to become their shareholder? Min investment I will be looking with them and where?

bizaro86

Registered
[quote user=OurRealtor]

So tell me who owns, runs, operates, it , where is it situated? How many shareholders, how many properties and why is it worthwhile to invest with them? To whom it suits? What are min requirements to become their shareholder? Min investment I will be looking with them and where?

Most REITS are publicly traded companies owned by shareholders. There are no requirements to buy shares, except having the money, obviously. You can buy them through your brokerage account. Examples include Riocan, Canadian Apartment Properties, Boardwalk, and H&R.

They're typically large organizations managed by professional management, although some of the smaller private ones may have specific rules.

Michael

housingrental

Registered
Hi Trizzy

Thanks for sharing your info

Good luck in the future - just another note of caution - things go good until they do not - be very cautious on assuming future events - No rental licensing by-law in Kitchener, materially higher rent, higher demand, etc..NONE are givens at this point...

Trizzy

Registered
Point taken. I guess my perspective is, "make hey while the sun shines".

OurRealtor

Registered
[quote user=bizaro86][quote user=OurRealtor]

Most REITS are publicly traded companies owned by shareholders. There are no requirements to buy shares, except having the money, obviously. You can buy them through your brokerage account. Examples include Riocan, Canadian Apartment Properties, Boardwalk, and H&R.

They're typically large organizations managed by professional management, although some of the smaller private ones may have specific rules.

Michael

So what's the best among those 4 names and how much is the yield? How you measure it?

bizaro86

Registered
[quote user=OurRealtor]So what's the best among those 4 names and how much is the yield? How you measure it?

Nobody can conclusively say which one is best, they're different. The yields are available on any finance website. I use www.google.ca/finance, but there are numerous others. Your brokerage should have a research tab that can show you the yields as well.

Top Bottom