Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tenant Joy

FrontDoorInvestments

REIN Member
I've always felt that I work hard for my tenants to create a positive experience for them. And this week, I got the best warm fuzzies from 2 different tenants.

Out of the blue one sent me a youtube link of their daughter singing O Canada for the Wild Rose Campaign leader, and the other sent me personal photo's of their trip to Banff. (I had been encouraging them to go there as they are new to the country and I thought they would love it.)

To be included in their personal family life is such a great feeling that the extra work I do to make them feel that they are of value to me is touching. To know that they see me as value in their family is also rewarding.

It's also encouraging that I am on the right path of being particular to whom I rent my properties to.

Just wanted to share my bubble of joy for others to know it really does happen. Tenants can love landlords!!

TerryKruse

Registered
It is really good when your tenant appreciates you. I have had this happen lately and it makes a huge difference.

Congratulations.

Cheers, Terry

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
There are some amazing tenants out there, but so many Landlords never find out because they treat the tenant poorly from the beginning.

Congratulations on being one of the good ones - and reaping the benefits!

invst4profit

Registered
I treat my tenants very well, at least the ones that warrant good treatment, and often recieve positive feedback but I would not be comfortable receiving personal family information on my computer. Far too familiar for my liking as a landlord. Makes it difficult to enforce rules, correct inappropriate behaviour, refuse special requests, generally get tough and be a landlord when necessary.

MichelSelim

REIN Member
I always leverage my relationship with great tenants to generate business referrals. If I have a vacancy I run it first by my good tenants to refer their friends or family to me. Most likely they will be as great as my current tenants. Even after they move out, I have no problem getting in touch with them whenever I have a vacancy. It's a compliment to their tenancy ethics.

My most recent success story was last month when I was reconnected in the grocery store with my very first tenant ever. She moved out on good terms at the time. After little chat I mentioned to her that I'd be more than happy to have her back anytime because of her good tenancy with me. To my surprise she said that she's looking for a bigger house that allows dogs. One of my properties went vacant two months before the end of the lease that I was not planning to renew any ways. So, I called her and she moved in right away [Yes I have her back].

It's not only a joy to cultivate professional relationships with good tenants, but also profitable. Think of the minimal vacancy rate, and the savings in advertisement, not to mention your time showing the place to multiple potential tenants if you do your own property management.

Top Bottom