Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TENANT NEIGHBOUR

RCC

Registered
The tenant in my condo unit has been complaining about frequent disturbance in the form of loud music from the unit beside him. The unit beside is occupied by students, daughter of the owner and a couple of rental roommates. IAny suggestions on how to handle will be appreciated.

mcgregok

Registered
Review your condo bylaws reguarding noise. Ask your property manager or board to talk next door.

Ken

misterrrsp

Registered
Hi there,

The tenant,even though she is an owner`s relative, is still bound by the sound bylaws of the corporation and the province. Yes view the bylaws and keep pestering the board (IN WRITING PLEASE) to action. They have the power to evict if enough grounds (ie your file full of letters) They will likely not act without this documentation because to force eviction, they need evidentiary grounds to apply with the courts.

You are also able to call police and lodge complaints with the sound being too loud. They can face "nuisance charges". A visit to your local police precinct will enlighten you as to what to do.

As REIN teaches, with anything, be diligent, persistant, consistant, and document for when you go to court (notice I didn`t say `if`)

Good luck

VP

RCC

Registered
Thank you Ken and Valden for your advice.
I contacted the property management company(hired by the board) - they contacted the property owner by phone and sent letters but the problem continues.
Would appreciate any additional suggestions on additional action.
Thanks.

Top Bottom