Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tenant Screening Services

Bryon Howard

Realtor - can't sleep until your sold!
Registered
What are you using for tenant screening providers these days?

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
tenantverification

but they are only okay, I haven't tried anything better. They did not flag a potential tenant for using a fake middle name and missing fraud charges that we uncovered down the road that should have been in the report.

BREAKRZ

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Social media. Facebook to be specific. Once they pass that I move on to the credit sites.

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

macbwilson

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Naborly.com
Free credit checks, photo ID and a photo of any pets are required and captured in the report.

Notice to tenant- it’s form that your tenant fills out that give you permission to report their monthly payments to the credit bureau (equafax I believe). This is done through the tenant verification services website.

If they don’t sign the form I don’t rent to them. It’s a great filter

kir

Registered
With Naborly, it states it can do court and legal checks. Do you have any comments on this feature or service? I 'm skeptical, if Naborly can in fact do this? If so, it would be fantastic!!!

JC

New Forum Member
REIN Member
Naborly.com
Free credit checks, photo ID and a photo of any pets are required and captured in the report.

Notice to tenant- it’s form that your tenant fills out that give you permission to report their monthly payments to the credit bureau (equafax I believe). This is done through the tenant verification services website.

Completely agree. Naborly is what I use to and it’s been a great tool for screening tenants.

macbwilson

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Naborly.com

I should clarify that the Notice to Tenant tool is apart of the Tenant Verification Services, at www.landlordcreditbureau.ca and it is free to use.

Also the CEO, Merv spoke at a YYC REIN Meeting late 2017 or early 2018 and spoke of possibly starting to pay landlords to report the monthly payment habits of tenants. Not sure where this is at now though.

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
I use TVS, and REIN members do indeed get a discount. But we go a lot further than that.

I did a couple of REIN presentations last year on screening and fraud detection. Perhaps you'd like to check them out in the "back office." Sorry, but I can't remember which months. (Help me, Tina?)

Also, I recently wrote a report on tenant screening: The Most Critical Mistake Landlords Make... Please check it out. I appreciate all feedback. :)

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
I wanted to share the links to the meeting Sherilyn Milsom was a presenter. I highly suggest you going through her presentation. She is an expert on tenancy in Alberta. She delves deeper into tenant applications, screening and reference checks. She will help you explore all of the available resources in the tenant screening toolkit. Together you will walk through a detailed case study of an attempted fraud by an applicant – get ready to start sleuthing and make your way through this web of deception. Log into you Member Back office and click HERE.

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
Thanks, Tina. (That sleuthing presentation was especially fun to do. I'll be presenting it again online in the next couple of months.)

Brandon Larose

New Forum Member
Registered
Hmmm, I tried to access the presentation using the link and it brings me to the right place, but there are no files?

TAMI

Registered
hello everyone , I wanted to know if some of you have an experience good or bad using Landlord Credit Bureau (landlordcreditbureau.com )or TVS (www.tenantverification.ca) any major benefits that you would like to share

Top Bottom