Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Termination of lease form

Connie

Registered
Hi:I have tenants that are I need to remove from the house due to the unsanitary conditions that they keep the house in. I have given repeated written and verbal warnings. What is the best way to go about this and is there a form I can use as an eviction notice? This is in Ontario.
Any help is most welcomed.
Connie

housingrental

Registered
Depending on the specific situation your probably going to have a very tough time (not possible) getting them out if only for a dirty house. What is unsanitary conditions? Have they ruined materials? Are there other units in the house that you`ve gotten complaints about smell from?

http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/Forms/STEL02_111310.html

n5 - damage - I`d guess if just dirty this isn`t going to go anywhere except maybe harassment / interference of reasonable use and enjoyment of premises of the tenants against you !

ShannonMurree

REIN Member
Hi Connie,
It depends on a few factors. For example, do you also live on the property or is it strictly an income property? Though one can`t exactly evict on lack of cleanliness, if it`s something extreme perhaps you can try the N5. This one is for "wilful" or "negligent" whether they meant to or not. Read the instructions and forms here: http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/STEL02_111286.html

(1) Form N5 is for “wilful or negligent damage”; Form N7 is for “wilful damage”

(2) Form N7 may be appropriate if the landlord lives in the same building as the tenant and the building has 3 or fewer residential units

Since you didn`t go into specifics, if there`s potential major damage like they leave water running and potential flooding, or leave food out that attracts rodents, bugs, encourage mold growth, etc.

Well, good luck but yes, caution like the person above poster commented.

Top Bottom