Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thanks to REIN and the Forum Admin/Mods!

jason

Registered
Just wanted to say thanks to REIN and the people setting up the forum for doing it; this is something that I`ve always thought would be a great idea. It takes networking to the next level because you can interact with many more people at once, plus everything becomes searchable, so rather than random information collisions you can really be specific about what you want to share, or what you are looking for.

I help administrate and moderate two fairly large forums (4,000 user and 100,000 user) so I can appreciate the kind of work that goes into it.
style_emoticons
Good choice on forum software, and the skin looks great.

So a big thanks to everyone responsible for it and I look forward to a big community of investors so we can all help each other out.

Grant

Registered
Thank you very much, Jason. I`m glad you appreciate it, and I hope everyone else does too. We`ve had several positive comments so far.

I`m excited to see the networking that`s going to come out of this.

NickStewart

Registered
QUOTE (Grant @ Aug 30 2007, 11:15 AM) Thank you very much, Jason. I`m glad you appreciate it, and I hope everyone else does too. We`ve had several positive comments so far.

I`m excited to see the networking that`s going to come out of this.

I`ll second the positive comments! This is a great addition to our world that should help all of us be more successful in business and personal relationships.

Kudos to REIN for setting it up and double-Kudos to the admins for taking on the task of keeping this motley bunch on the straight and narrow!

Nick

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (Nick @ Aug 30 2007, 01:33 PM)
I'll second the positive comments! This is a great addition to our world that should help all of us be more successful in business and personal relationships.

Kudos to REIN for setting it up and double-Kudos to the admins for taking on the task of keeping this motley bunch on the straight and narrow!

Nick

We are here to help...
<

NickStewart

Registered
QUOTE (MarkGarrett @ Aug 30 2007, 01:03 PM) We are here to help...
style_emoticons

I`m glad to hear that, and I`ll take you up on it... how do I get an image to appear in my signature space? I`ve tried "adding an image" but it wants me to locate an image on the web. I have a small image on my hdd that I would like to serve as my sig, similar to yours... how do I accomplish that?

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (Nick @ Aug 30 2007, 03:06 PM)
I'm glad to hear that, and I'll take you up on it... how do I get an image to appear in my signature space? I've tried "adding an image" but it wants me to locate an image on the web. I have a small image on my hdd that I would like to serve as my sig, similar to yours... how do I accomplish that?

You need to host that file on a server... if you have a web site, then you can post it there and link to it. Maybe Ethan can create an upload page somewhere for that for people who do not have this option.

NickStewart

Registered
QUOTE (MarkGarrett @ Aug 30 2007, 01:13 PM) You need to host that file on a server... if you have a web site, then you can post it there and link to it. Maybe Ethan can create an upload page somewhere for that for people who do not have this option.

Ahhh.... I can do that.... cool, thanks!

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (Nick @ Aug 30 2007, 12:06 PM) I`m glad to hear that, and I`ll take you up on it... how do I get an image to appear in my signature space? I`ve tried "adding an image" but it wants me to locate an image on the web. I have a small image on my hdd that I would like to serve as my sig, similar to yours... how do I accomplish that?

www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.us are great free uploading websites.

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (wongfam @ Aug 30 2007, 06:46 PM)
My son just showed me how to use imageshack. It was so so easy (especially since he ended up doing it for me!)

Oops! I linked to imageshack.com instead of .us (I gather he showed you the latter, since the first doesn't really take you anywhere
<
)

There, I fixed it all up B)

IverNordal

Registered
Just wanted to say thanks to the admins for this great tool and all thier hard work.
Awesome site guys , Looking forward to spending time in here!
style_emoticons

DougPage

Registered
I too would like to chip in and thank the TEAM for such a useful and informative tool.

2 suggestions:
1) Perhaps there should be a forum that is for questions/suggestions for this message board.
2) Using message boards every day, I find the View New Post option extremely tmie saving - click once and see all messages that you have not read. Unfortunately it is not set up like that on this board. It defaults to show you the messages that have been posted since you last logged on. I would prefer to have it show any discussions that have been posted/updated that you have not read yet.

Keep up the great work!

BMironov

Registered
Wow!

This place is going to explode in very short time thanks to creativity that REIN members will bring!

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (DougPage @ Sep 4 2007, 08:42 PM)
I too would like to chip in and thank the TEAM for such a useful and informative tool.

2 suggestions:

1) Perhaps there should be a forum that is for questions/suggestions for this message board.

2) Using message boards every day, I find the View New Post option extremely tmie saving - click once and see all messages that you have not read. Unfortunately it is not set up like that on this board. It defaults to show you the messages that have been posted since you last logged on. I would prefer to have it show any discussions that have been posted/updated that you have not read yet.

Keep up the great work!

1. We ask that you send an email to [email protected] or a private message to myself if you have any issues with the board - I check my messages at least once a day so you won't have to wait too long
<
. If there's any substantial demand for it in the future, we'll definitely look at it a bit closer.

2. I don't believe there's a way to change the "view new posts" button to show you unread topics without extensive (and probably useless) coding - however, you can always subscribe to threads that you are waiting on responses in (by clicking on the "options" button in the top right hand corner of each thread) and check up on 'em in your User CP.

Another thing you can do is check the icons that go down the left side of the forum directory - if the folder is grey, it means that there have been no new posts. If it's red, it means there's something new inside. That's my standard check and it's how I keep an eye on all of you
<
<

Ted

Registered
I would like to add my thank you as well. The forum and the whole site is great! Thanks REIN Team!

Ted

pvilay

Registered
The creation of this forum has made my month! I remember inquiring about making a forum for REIN members almost a year and a half ago. Great move guys, this was a good step for helping the network grow.

bluerockgroup

Registered
QUOTE (DougPage @ Sep 5 2007, 09:42 AM) I too would like to chip in and thank the TEAM for such a useful and informative tool.

2 suggestions:

Keep up the great work!

Ok...I missed Ethan`s response on the second page before I wrote my reply. My reply was "I too would really appreciate the a message board page and especially the modified `new post button`." With that being said, I didn`t see a `Delete Post` button for my post. Is that possible? (I`ll also send an email about it.)

Cheers,
Grant

Grant

Registered
We don`t permit members to delete their own posts. Mostly, this just helps us keep track of what`s going on (for example, we don`t want someone making a bunch of posts and then deleting them all).

However, moderators and admins do have the ability to delete posts. We can do this if you absolutely need it (PM Ethan about it), but most of the time you can just edit your own post to say "nevermind" or something like that. I would say that the only time you`d really need a post deleted is if you started a thread by accident.

timk519

Registered
QUOTE (jason @ Aug 31 2007, 04:19 AM)
As well I usually use this for quick image hosting: http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/
If you don't mind paying a few $ for image hosting, SmugMug's a good service. The plan I use costs $39.95 US per year for a standard account, has no storage or bandwidth limits, and if you use coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc you'll get a $5 USD discount off the first year's charge.

Check it out! www.smugmug.com

Top Bottom