Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Eco-Investor Newsletter: January 2008

kablett

REIN Member
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

And what a year 2008 is shaping up to be folks! It`s great to be back and `tis the year that eco-investors will start seeing the fruits of their labours. With oil surging over $100 per barrel last week, now is the time to be investing in energy efficiency upgrades across your portfolio, particularly the ones that have you paying various utility bills.

Whether it`s investing in technologies that consume less water, less electricity, or less natural gas, they all have merit these days and ROI`s that, dollar for dollar, will outpace just about any mutual fund, bond, or GIC available on the market today.

I also have another big announcement to make: I`m getting married!

My wife-to-be, Anne, is my biggest fan and I hers. She`s as dedicated to eco-friendly investing as I am and we are quite a team. I`m so thankful for having her in my life that I decided it was time to prove it. In the big scheme of universal time frames, the time we spend on this dustball of energy and gravity called earth is incredibly short, a mere blip in time -- which is all the more reason for us to take the bull by the horns, live life to the fullest, love life to the fullest, and BE the change we wish to see in the world.

I once heard a quote that went something like this: Many of the world`s worst atrocities, worst criminal activities, and worst environmental crimes against humanity...were done to pay a mortgage!

Think about that for a second. How many people are spending the best years of their lives stuck in traffic, waiting in lines, sitting in useless meetings, and working for companies that really don`t care about them and certainly don`t care about the impacts they are having on the planet? And Why? To pay rent or to pay a mortgage.

2008 is going to be a year of big changes. The worst President in US history`s dictatorship is finally on its last legs, although the effects of its poorly managed imperial foreign and domestic policies will undoubtedly linger for decades. The world is chomping at the bit for change. We are searching for leaders who will do more than put fears in our hearts, they`ll put hope back in them.

And ultimately, it`s up to us to be the best people we can be and make the most of each and every day we have.

Will this be the year you step up your game and become the leader you were born to be?

I sure hope so. After all, if you`re not becoming a leader, then what are you becoming?

Here`s to taking the bull by the horns and, as they say in Alberta, just givin` `er!

Until next month,

Happy Eco-investing,

Kevin Ablett.

----

Kevin Ablett is a licenced realtor in the province of Alberta. He is also an eco-investor specializing in joint ventures and manages a portfolio of single family, multi-family, mixed use, and vacation properties in Calgary, Turner Valley, Innisfail, Crowsnest Pass, Panama, and Costa Rica. He is also the President of the Board of Directors for the Clean Calgary Association (www.cleancalgary.org) and the author of "Secrets of the Student Millionaires" (www.studentmillionaires.com), an online real estate investing course designed to help students avoid the pitfalls of large student loans by wisely investing in real estate at a young age. For more information on how to invest with Kevin or to send him your comments, he can be easily reached at greenrealestate(at)mac.com.

----

hewdini

Registered
Great job Kevin!

Who do you recommend for a home energy audit?

Bring on the eco-tips! We all need them.

Andrew

kablett

REIN Member
Hi Andrew,
I recommend Verdatech in Calgary for home energy audits.
403.251.0705 is their number and www.verdatech.com is their website.

Based on the last time I had one done, it cost around $300. I would say the info I gained from it has put me well on track to save far more than that in my energy costs.

Great Question!

Happy Eco-Investing,

Kevin.

Top Bottom