Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The REAL Vancouver real estate numbers (August 2013)

Anonymous

Registered
The mainstream media can't seem to get enough of the "improvement" in home sales this month over last year. Up 40% on a seasonally adjusted basis. What is a seasonally adjusted basis? It is a scam, so that the chief economists do not have to report anything bad about the market! The truth, is that July historically isn't a strong month for sales, but this month, we see many homebuyers who were sitting on the fence now jumping in, because rates are going up, and they want to use their locked in low rates before they expire. So when they use "seasonally adjusted" numbers, and July historically being a low volume month, OF COURSE if people are jumping in to use their low rate before it expires, this is going to skew the statistics an incredible amount, on a seasonally adjusted basis, because this is a season that typically sees very few sales.

housingrental

Registered
Hi Patrick

As a Realtor what market do you recommend your clients purchase in currently?

Anonymous

Registered
Well it depends on what you want. If you absolutely insist on buying into the Vancouver bubble, I have my own personal recommendations to ensure you weather the crisis as safely as possible. But if you are looking to invest in cashflow real estate, there are lots of places in northern British Columbia I highly recommend. It looks like this LNG pipeline will go through, and they are just going to be hurtin' for rental units.

Rickson9

Registered
Reported.

He's spamming different forums to promote his web site.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/real-vancouver-real-estate-numbers-august-2013-a-1373734/

Top Bottom