Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

top 10 investment cities

nrotundo

Registered
Hi everyone, new member and new to the site.

Can any provide the top 10 investment cities in Canada.

Thanks.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
For what asset class ? For what time frame ? For personal use or for cash flow with 20-25% down ?

I'd say the #1 town or towns are smaller towns in BC that have not yet seen the irrational exuberance seen in Victoria or Kelowna, for example.

Calgary and Edmonton also poised for rebounds.

Third on the list is Winnipeg due to new conservative government.

Fourth are some ON towns near GTA.

Fifth are Saskatoon and Regina.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Not an ON expert but I'd say all towns within a 2h drive radius of downtown Toronto especially those on rail, or on rail SOON. So look for railway/LRT/subway extensions announced for the next few years. Houses tough to cash flow though with only 20-25% down. Suited or up/down houses best.

RentGera

New Forum Member
Registered
Southern Ontario (London, Sarnia, Windsor) still have some of the most affordable homes for sale.

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
Have you looked at industrial? Economics looking much more attractive to me ATM for our gateway cities. Residential is lagging indicator, more industrial is needed.

tharun

New Forum Member
Registered
Easy to rent property in London, Sarnia and Windsor?

DanW

Registered
The London market is being boosted by Toronto investors. Also, retirees from Toronto are moving here. The north end is really being built up. Very large houses are selling as Toronto buyers have no problem building a 500-800k house. London is so much cheaper than Kitchener or Hamilton. However, with a recession London will be affected more because of manufacturing. London is great for cash flow and Sarnia and Windsor are even better. I personally won't buy in those other cities. I think London is a nice balance. It is easy to get high quality tenants as well.

Tony Miller

Ottawa's Investor Focused Realtor
Registered
Ottawa - if you like stability and steady growth. 120,000 well paying federal government jobs, LRT, 4 universities/colleges, high tech sector.
It's hard to lose in Ottawa but you need to look elsewhere if you want market appreciation above 5%.

tharun

New Forum Member
Registered
Thanks THOMAS

I am thinking to invest Windsor, but want to know if we have any property management you can recommend.

REisME

New Forum Member
Registered
Calgary and Edmonton also poised for rebounds.

Curious on your reasoning for saying that? I don't necessarily disagree but given an overall vacancy rate over 25% it feels like it can't get much worse. Are you assuming that a slowly recovering oil patch will close the gap and start to push RE upwards?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Curious on your reasoning for saying that? I don't necessarily disagree but given an overall vacancy rate over 25% it feels like it can't get much worse. Are you assuming that a slowly recovering oil patch will close the gap and start to push RE upwards?
Buy when there is blood in the streets .. 2016 was the worst I have seen it in a decade and a half .. now already better ...

DEWDROPS

Registered
Calgary already getting better? Job stat hasn't improved much as far as I am aware. Foreign buyers?

drewroach

REIN Member
Thanks Thomas. I'm looking for ON towns near the GTA.
nrotundo,
No sure if anyone answered your question but if memory serves me REIN ranked the cities around the GTA as Kitchener/Cambridge, Hamilton, Waterloo, Barrie, Orillia, Oshawa (plus other Durham cities), Toronto (certain neighbourhoods)
Not necessarily in that order per se, but all should have a good solid foundation and are poised to our perform.

Andrew

Jack B. Maya

New Forum Member
Registered
Montreal's real estate is booming right now. This will be the best time to invest there.

Top Bottom