Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vacancy expense

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi,

Your question leaves a lot of questions. We`re not really sure what you`re asking... however:

If you are asking how to discern what vacancy expense to use in your pre-purchase analysis, I recommend you take the CMHC vacancy rate for the area and double it. Take your rent multiply it by this percentage. That will give you your annual `rental vacancy expense`. If you are analyzing your property on an annual basis, use this number, if you are analyzing it on a monthly basis divide this number by 12.

Trust this helps!

crispino

Registered
QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Oct 12 2007, 08:41 AM) Hi,

Your question leaves a lot of questions. We`re not really sure what you`re asking... however:

If you are asking how to discern what vacancy expense to use in your pre-purchase analysis, I recommend you take the CMHC vacancy rate for the area and double it. Take your rent multiply it by this percentage. That will give you your annual `rental vacancy expense`. If you are analyzing your property on an annual basis, use this number, if you are analyzing it on a monthly basis divide this number by 12.

Trust this helps!

How do I get the CHMC vacancy rate for the area.. I went on the website but can not find it.

R

RussellWestcott

Howdy, a Google search reveals a wealth of information.

If you want you can drill right down and see if there is some specific information on the area you are looking at. Try Google`ing "Vacancy rate in <<insert your area>>" see what comes up and modify your search criterias from there.

Google search of CMHC vacancy rates

CMHC Forecast and Analysis

Click on the link called - Rental Market Reports — Major Centres

Have fun

Top Bottom