Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Walkin` With a Limp

DaveToynbee

Dave Toynbee
REIN Member
The last two years of my life have provided me with so many personal success stories that I couldn`t possibly fit half of them is this box...but I feel that it is time for me to share a few anyways.............in chron... order starting with a story going back 2.5 years.
I suffered a traumatic head injury on March27,2005 (age25), where I was given a 50/50 chance of either dying or being a quadrapelegiac.
style_emoticons

Success#1 - After a week in a coma, I woke up!
Success#2- I was only paralysed on half of my body. yeehah (I still wasn`t that excited)

At this point, I was told that the life plans I had were no longer, and that I would have to adapt to the new way I was. Walking was a small possibilty but it wasn`t looking good. I couldn`t read, write, see or hear properly. Career and drivers liscence were lost. Not exactly settling for an ego driven 25 year old guy.

Success#3 (May, 2005)- Lost the Ego, and learned a little something about inifinite intelligence and power.

Success#4 (Jul, 2005) - Walked out of GF Strong on my own two feet after 3 months with no wheelchair....as determined by a decision made about the at the time the docs said to cancel my life plans.

Success#5 (Aug-Sept) - Read my 1st inspiring Real Estate book.....Then 9 more...then Don`s, 3 times. This also includes the first unforced book/s I ever read..and yes, I could read now...and comprehend!

Success#6 (Oct2,2007) - Made first ever life goals (own dream car-98+corvette by 30, cruise to bahama`s, drive across US and Canada, visit family across Canada)

Success#7 (Jan, 2006) - Closed on first investment property on Sunshine Coast (approx 5500 sf commercial office/retail)

Success#8 (Jan,2006) - Got drivers liscense back

Success#9 (Feb,2006) - Returned to work (Engineering: HVAC controls for commrecial buildings)

Success#10 (May,2006) - Crossed off all goals as made in #6 in one unplanned vacation to Florida.

Sucesss#11 (Nov,2006) - Became a REIN member

Success#12 (Nov,2006) - Bought 1st Edmonton property with JV

Success#13 (Jul,2007) - Hiked the Grouse Grind>not my best time but made it nonetheless.

Success#14 (Sept,2007) - Finally finished my Personal Belize after a long time in the design phase. Feeling pretty good and living an inspiring life of possibility.
style_emoticons

Dave Toynbee

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
What an amazing ride you`ve had in life already. And now you`re poised for some real greatness.

All of us at REIN, including your fellow Members, are here to help you make it happen.

See you soon!

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
Hi Dave,
As we word say in Ireland, fairplay.....in other words WELL DONE YOU!

We could all do with a little loss of ego and its a lesson that sometimes is lost until we go through something really big (not nessasarily something bad) before the light comes on.

Thanks to you sharing your experience I and we can learn from you that the loss of an ego can be a huge success!

I take great comfort in that, thank you for teaching.

Philip McKernan.

QUOTE (dtoynbee @ Sep 24 2007, 10:02 PM) The last two years of my life have provided me with so many personal success stories that I couldn`t possibly fit half of them is this box...but I feel that it is time for me to share a few anyways.............in chron... order starting with a story going back 2.5 years.

I suffered a traumatic head injury on March27,2005 (age25), where I was given a 50/50 chance of either dying or being a quadrapelegiac.
style_emoticons

Success#1 - After a week in a coma, I woke up!
Success#2- I was only paralysed on half of my body. yeehah (I still wasn`t that excited)

At this point, I was told that the life plans I had were no longer, and that I would have to adapt to the new way I was. Walking was a small possibilty but it wasn`t looking good. I couldn`t read, write, see or hear properly. Career and drivers liscence were lost. Not exactly settling for an ego driven 25 year old guy.

Success#3 (May, 2005)- Lost the Ego, and learned a little something about inifinite intelligence and power.

Success#4 (Jul, 2005) - Walked out of GF Strong on my own two feet after 3 months with no wheelchair....as determined by a decision made about the at the time the docs said to cancel my life plans.

Success#5 (Aug-Sept) - Read my 1st inspiring Real Estate book.....Then 9 more...then Don`s, 3 times. This also includes the first unforced book/s I ever read..and yes, I could read now...and comprehend!

Success#6 (Oct2,2007) - Made first ever life goals (own dream car-98+corvette by 30, cruise to bahama`s, drive across US and Canada, visit family across Canada)

Success#7 (Jan, 2006) - Closed on first investment property on Sunshine Coast (approx 5500 sf commercial office/retail)

Success#8 (Jan,2006) - Got drivers liscense back

Success#9 (Feb,2006) - Returned to work (Engineering: HVAC controls for commrecial buildings)

Success#10 (May,2006) - Crossed off all goals as made in #6 in one unplanned vacation to Florida.

Sucesss#11 (Nov,2006) - Became a REIN member

Success#12 (Nov,2006) - Bought 1st Edmonton property with JV

Success#13 (Jul,2007) - Hiked the Grouse Grind>not my best time but made it nonetheless.

Success#14 (Sept,2007) - Finally finished my Personal Belize after a long time in the design phase. Feeling pretty good and living an inspiring life of possibility.
style_emoticons

Dave Toynbee

Top Bottom