Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What Apps do you use for your Real Estate Investing

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Hey REIN Members!

Want to contribute to the REIN Life magazine? Tell us what apps (ex. Mortgage Calculator Plus) or other forms of technology you use to help you take your real estate investing to the next level?

Apps could be anything from calendar or land-lording apps to the mortgage calculator in your Member back office. Tell us what you use and why it works for you!

Erin Francey

REIN Member
Hey Tina! I'm constantly using Google Maps to plan my routes. I save a link of the route I have mapped out and email it to myself and clients before we head out to view properties. I also like using the Earth View to get a feel of the property and layout of the neighbourhood before viewing in person.

kfort

Registered
Currently, every document I may ever need is scanned with Turboscan then saved to my Dropbox (broken down by property).

For signing documents on the go I use SignEasy... I actually signed the last offer that way while heading down the highway.

My three banking apps keep the $ straight.

The Pages app makes editing documents easy. I use that for things like setting up a new lease etc .

The Gmail business app keeps email efficient.

Adobe Acrobat reader opens and saves any pdf file I need it to.

Google sheets helps me do book keeping on the go, and saves to the cloud so I can access it anywhere.

The kijiji app lets me copy/ paste descriptions from Notes and accesses pictures in my Dropbox for posting rental adds.

Property Evaluator pro helps me make visually appealing & accurate projections that can be used for presentation purposes or just property comparisons.

The only app I absolutely cannot use is the Realtor.ca app which is both an embarrassment of interface design and functionality. Has been for the last 2+ years. Whoever is coding that needs to be fired.

Alvaro Sanchez

Ottawa-Gatineau Investor
Registered
Not mentioned above
- Square (Take credit cards payments)
- 10bii Financial Calculator
- Realtor.ca
- Stocard (Keep all reward cards in one place)
- VoiceMailTel (To make outside calls using my other phone numbers)

JBagorio

Registered
Hi Tina,
Here are some of the apps I and my team use categorized in all the different areas of the business:

These are online marketing tools very handy for grouping niches, interests, or businesses. I use these social media tools for my real estate business to engage, aid, and interact with likeminded professionals and potential clients.
  • Facebook Pages
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
  • Hootsuite – is a tool I use to manage all the above social media tools. It is a place where I can enter my publications and could be posted to all my accounts at once. This saves me lots of valuable time.
  • MyREINSpace
  • Bagorio.com (powered by WordPress)– Company website to establish even further our online presences. A site where our partners and clients can read our blogs, and get more information about the business and who we are.
When filling vacancies today… Gone are the days of the paper form advertising. The internet is where all of us are looking for anything we need. With our mobile devices, it made thing very accessible.
  • RentFaster
  • RentBoard
  • Kijiji
For communication we use phone, email and texting for most case because it is quick and easy. But for more involved situations, at times it is still better to have the old fashion personable way of a face to face communication.

For managing our files or documents these tools are very handy for accessing and sharing anywhere. It enables us to be more agile by providing us with a virtual office.

• MyCloud – a personal cloud that can be set up in your internal network at home/office and it can be securely accessed anywhere via all of your preferred devices like your smart phone, PC, or laptop. This is to guaranty that you have a full handle of your important and confidential files in your own server and network.

• Google Drive and Drop box are also a good way for storing and sharing your less critical documents. I use this mainly for sharing less secured and non confidential stuff. For example:
    • Spreadsheet of a To Do list for all of the properties that my team (PM, contractors, helpers, admins, cleaners, etc…) can access. Perfect of managing and delegating work.

• Sharing files to other professional team members like mortgage brokers, lawyer, and accountants. One good example, in maintaining an up-to-date investor’s binder, I scan the documents that my mortgage brokers and bankers needs and upload them regularly.
For bookkeeping and financial reporting we use the following tools:

• Quicken Rental Property Manager – Not only for keeping tract of our Rent Incomes and Expenses, but we also use this tool for managing our properties per door and the tenants it contains.

• We can also generate accounting and financial data for our tax filing, and as well for reports attached to our quarterly reporting for our JV partners.
For banking tools, we are very thankful for the mobile apps that most banks now provide for download. No more rushing and lining up to depositing rent checks at the first of the month by visiting the bank tellers in near by branch. Just take pictures of the cheque and deposit using your smart phone. One other thing that we love is with the instant eTransfer or interact transfer for rent payments. Very cool and convenient…Deposits can now be done anywhere any time in the comfort of your living room.

For doing analysis for the business (due diligence during acquisitions, operational, or management in general) we mostly use Microsoft Excel. This tool is very handy and easy to use for some of our calculations, data mining, and reporting. It is quick and easy to use for doing simple business analytics from its Descriptive, Diagnostic, and Prescriptive sense to aid us in our future projection and direction.

Last edited:

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Hey Tina! I'm constantly using Google Maps to plan my routes. I save a link of the route I have mapped out and email it to myself and clients before we head out to view properties. I also like using the Earth View to get a feel of the property and layout of the neighbourhood before viewing in person.
Thank you so much Erin.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Currently, every document I may ever need is scanned with Turboscan then saved to my Dropbox (broken down by property).

For signing documents on the go I use SignEasy... I actually signed the last offer that way while heading down the highway.

My three banking apps keep the $ straight.

The Pages app makes editing documents easy. I use that for things like setting up a new lease etc .

The Gmail business app keeps email efficient.

Adobe Acrobat reader opens and saves any pdf file I need it to.

Google sheets helps me do book keeping on the go, and saves to the cloud so I can access it anywhere.

The kijiji app lets me copy/ paste descriptions from Notes and accesses pictures in my Dropbox for posting rental adds.

Property Evaluator pro helps me make visually appealing & accurate projections that can be used for presentation purposes or just property comparisons.

The only app I absolutely cannot use is the Realtor.ca app which is both an embarrassment of interface design and functionality. Has been for the last 2+ years. Whoever is coding that needs to be fired.
Thank you Kris

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Not mentioned above
- Square (Take credit cards payments)
- 10bii Financial Calculator
- Realtor.ca
- Stocard (Keep all reward cards in one place)
- VoiceMailTel (To make outside calls using my other phone numbers)
Thank you Alvaro, really appreciate your help on this.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi Tina,
Here are some of the apps I and my team use categorized in all the different areas of the business:

These are online marketing tools very handy for grouping niches, interests, or businesses. I use these social media tools for my real estate business to engage, aid, and interact with likeminded professionals and potential clients.
  • Facebook Pages
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
  • Hootsuite – is a tool I use to manage all the above social media tools. It is a place where I can enter my publications and could be posted to all my accounts at once. This saves me lots of valuable time.
  • MyREINSpace
  • Bagorio.com (powered by WordPress)– Company website to establish even further our online presences. A site where our partners and clients can read our blogs, and get more information about the business and who we are.
When filling vacancies today… Gone are the days of the paper form advertising. The internet is where all of us are looking for anything we need. With our mobile devices, it made thing very accessible.
  • RentFaster
  • RentBoard
  • Kijiji
For communication we use phone, email and texting for most case because it is quick and easy. But for more involved situations, at times it is still better to have the old fashion personable way of a face to face communication.

For managing our files or documents these tools are very handy for accessing and sharing anywhere. It enables us to be more agile by providing us with a virtual office.

• MyCloud – a personal cloud that can be set up in your internal network at home/office and it can be securely accessed anywhere via all of your preferred devices like your smart phone, PC, or laptop. This is to guaranty that you have a full handle of your important and confidential files in your own server and network.

• Google Drive and Drop box are also a good way for storing and sharing your less critical documents. I use this mainly for sharing less secured and non confidential stuff. For example:
    • Spreadsheet of a To Do list for all of the properties that my team (PM, contractors, helpers, admins, cleaners, etc…) can access. Perfect of managing and delegating work.

• Sharing files to other professional team members like mortgage brokers, lawyer, and accountants. One good example, in maintaining an up-to-date investor’s binder, I scan the documents that my mortgage brokers and bankers needs and upload them regularly.
For bookkeeping and financial reporting we use the following tools:

• Quicken Rental Property Manager – Not only for keeping tract of our Rent Incomes and Expenses, but we also use this tool for managing our properties per door and the tenants it contains.

• We can also generate accounting and financial data for our tax filing, and as well for reports attached to our quarterly reporting for our JV partners.
For banking tools, we are very thankful for the mobile apps that most banks now provide for download. No more rushing and lining up to depositing rent checks at the first of the month by visiting the bank tellers in near by branch. Just take pictures of the cheque and deposit using your smart phone. One other thing that we love is with the instant eTransfer or interact transfer for rent payments. Very cool and convenient…Deposits can now be done anywhere any time in the comfort of your living room.

For doing analysis for the business (due diligence during acquisitions, operational, or management in general) we mostly use Microsoft Excel. This tool is very handy and easy to use for some of our calculations, data mining, and reporting. It is quick and easy to use for doing simple business analytics from its Descriptive, Diagnostic, and Prescriptive sense to aid us in our future projection and direction.
Thank you Jason

Christine Kopr

Registered
I might be a little late to the request but in case there's something here that no one else mentioned:

- Dropbox is a must!
- Kijiji app for instant msg with potential tenants in AB
- Airbnb for short-term rentals
- PADMAPPER!!! Great for surveying Alberta rents
- Google Apps - Sheets, Doc
- Mailchimp
- Google Maps
- Docr (scanning from phone... better than DocScan or Tiny Scanner)
- Square website builder
- Facebook / Msger
- Instagram
- Docusign
-Trulia
-Zillow
- All banking apps

Andriy7528

New Forum Member
Registered
I use web-site:

investors-dashboard

to get quick analysis of my real estate projects. It is powerful tool to generate executive level analysis of my real estate projects that require minimum input from financially unsophisticated user.

Also, please refer to

investorsdashboard.wordpress

for more information.

Hilary Kohal

Registered
I use:

1. Scanner Pro by Readle - not sure if the basic free version is still available, however for my minimal needs for scanning from my iphone or iPad, this app does a great job.

2. Flipp - useful for when I am doing a renovation to search deals on anything from appliances to light fixtures. (I always have a "shopping list" of things I need or will need, but no urgent timeline, and wait for a no sales tax event at Lowes or Home Depot. If Flipp has an item I want on sale, the big box stores will match the sale price plus give me the sales tax discount.)
Sometimes I am too busy with other stuff to chase down these deals, and that's cool, but old habits die hard and those solid values got me to the good place I am today. (Thank you to my war-time parents!)

3. Key Ring - just started using this one and my wallet is much lighter now! Store all your loyalty cards, gift cards, membership cards even cards without a barcode (drivers license etc) on this app. It is not a payment app so debit and credit cards cannot transact purchases however you can store the card info on the app for reference purposes (check security before entrusting/submitting sensitive information).

4. Kijiji - I get so many excellent deals on appliances etc on Kijiji. It seems many people are down-sizing so almost new, fancy fridges with all the features renters/prospective buyers "want/need" are often listed for sale at very reduced prices.

Even though these are not "investor specific" or life-changing apps, they help keep me organized and add value to my business.

kfort

Registered
I use web-site:

investors-dashboard

to get quick analysis of my real estate projects. It is powerful tool to generate executive level analysis of my real estate projects that require minimum input from financially unsophisticated user.

Also, please refer to

investorsdashboard.wordpress

for more information.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is your site? ...

Carla Reis

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
In addition to all already mentioned, we frequently use
1) DealCheck (App to clarify and check potential deals)
2) Property Buddy (To track expenses, income, generate reports, invoices,receipts, and has an awesome dashboard) Not as powerful as some accounting softwares but adequate for us running two properties

Top Bottom