Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which Property Type Gives you Maximize Return on Investment?

solidoakreturns

Registered
Question: How do you determine which PROPERTY TYPE will have the highest appreciation in a given town/city?

I would think its based on SUPPLY and DEMAND. If based on Supply/Demand which Property Type is the Best and Why?

a) 1 Bedroom Condo Apt
B) 2 Bedroom Condo Apt
c) 3 Bedroom Condo Apt
d) 3 Bedroom 2 Bath Condo Town House
e) 3 Bedroom 3 Bath Town House
f) Semi Detached
g) Single Detached
h) Duplex/Triplex/Fourplex
i)
j)
k)
Property Type:
Town/City:
Why:

Property Type:
Town/City:
Why:

Property Type:
Town/City:
Why:

Property Type:
Town/City:
Why:

Property Type:
Town/City:
Why:

mcgregok

Registered
A crystal ball question!

One thing I look at is the demographics of the area I want to buy in. Wages of residents, age etc.
I want to make sure as prices go up people in the area can purchase my property. I also what to make sure they can afford the rents and I can get a quaility tenant.

The Economics of the area is also important. Why by in an area of retired folks with a fixed income when you can by in an area of working folk with rising wages.

I have my best results on single family homes (except 4 level splits) and 1/2 duplexes.

BHoward

Registered
Analytical type ... maybe? ... or probably you are trying real hard to be analytical?
style_emoticons

How come you haven`t included apartment buildings?

I like single family homes on big lots with potential for tearing down the home and building more units on the lot.

However, I own everything from 1 bedroom condo`s to 4 plexes.
I wondered if Apartment buildings could give a better ROI then SF homes. I don`t think so ... but I`m not sure. (I bet Borris would provide some sort of calculation for us.)
style_emoticons

However, apartment buildings are much sexier ... and probably easier to manage. I think they are cooler too. Won`t it be nice to say ... `yup ... that`s my building.`

... oh yea ... we were talking about best ROI ... not building ego.

Let me just grab my Chrystal Ball ... and make sure those condo`s fees won`t change ... and the forecasted appreciation is correct ...

REIN has always maintained ... pick something and `go for it`.
Many REIN members focus on Condos, or Town houses, or buildings ... in specific areas.
To date ... I`ve purchased in Alberta Top 10 towns ... whatever I thought was a deal. (Deal generally meant good terms.)

Good luck. I`ll be interested to find out if we get more postings ... with a more analytical idea on what gives the best ROI.

Top Bottom