Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

why REIN membership is so expensive?

spark1

Registered
Hi respected REIN members,

Could you please elighten me why REIN membership is so expensive. Paying 3500 for 17 months sounds as too much for a beginner investor. Why there is no option for one month trial membership? why the minimum membership is for only 17 months? No option to cancel within the first several months.

I am not sure how long this post will last on this forum before admit delete it, but I dare to ask anyway.

Thank you,

Igor

PS I am reading the Don`s book and like them a lot, even bought my first invetment property, but still 230$ a month is a big hit.
Also, I am curious to attend a Toronto REIN meeting, but a meeting for $3500 sounds as an overkill...

Jack

Registered
Could you please elighten me why REIN membership is so expensive. Paying 3500 for 17 months sounds as too much for a beginner investor. Why there is no option for one month trial membership? why the minimum membership is for only 17 months? No option to cancel within the first several months
Hi Igor,

I just joined about 5 days ago, it was a major purchase/commitment for me as well.

I think the problem with having a lower price is that you`ll attract too many people, and my guess is that REIN only wants to associate with those individuals who are truly
committed to building wealth in real estate with a long-term focus (hence the 17-month commitment). With a lower price, too many people would come and go, and it`d be an easier sum for people to just write-off as "tuition". So the higher price filters out the get-rich-quick dreamers before they even get started.

Anothing thing I noticed, being at Saturday`s conference, was that pretty much everyone I talked to was an owner of multiple cash-flowing properties. They all said that membership had been quite helpful and that they had built quality relationships along the way that will help with their business on a going-forward basis.

Hope that helps in your decision.

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
There is no question. For some people the monthly membership cost can be a drawback. Rather than looking at what you pay out, take a look at what you receive. This may not be a complete list:[list type=decimal][*]Associating with more than 2,500 like minded people, and learning from them[*]Monthly meetings to bring you up to date on what is happening in your market[*]Guest speakers at those meeting to help you with your business[*]CD recordings of the meetings you were unable to attendUnrestricted access to MyREINSpace and its power packed resourcesAn incredible "getting started" manual that will fill in the few gaps in "Real Estate Investing in Canada"A bi-annual (I think) report on the "Top Ten Towns"Access to numerous additional reports, workshops, and programs that help you build your portfolio.[/list type=decimal]I could go on. However, somewhere on here there is another thread on the benefits of the REIN membership. IMHO, the monthly membership fee is an investment, not an expense. My investment has been repaid many times. I think most long term REIN members will agree with me.

jcabral

Registered
Compare the cost of $3500 to 17 months of university tution. I have made 100 times amount of this tutition. The education has saved me from $7,500 mistake. $3,500 is expensive without no ACTION. If you take ACTION, submit first offer, buy the first property, and over time the $3,500 is peanuts. You will get back in appreciation of the property. For example, a property worth $100,000 and appreciated 3.5%, there is $3,500.

Again, ACTION is the important thing in this formula.

TerryF

Registered
Not expensive - cheap!! Especially if you intend to do any investing at all. I first heard Don on the radio in 2005. Checked it out (membership) and decided it was too pricey and I could do it on my own. Bought a place soon after with negative cash flow but didn`t mind then because we reasoned it would gain equity. Then bought a pre-construction condo that was going to make us a bundle when we flipped it. Long story short, neither one of these purchases were good investments - terrible ones actually. We didn`t even know that until I joined REIN in late 2007. Now I see clearly why these are not great buys (especially the pre-construction condo!), but I wasted 2 years finding that out. The 2 years I wasted were BIG ones to lose out on in Alberta. Moral of my story is I saved a few thousand dollars by not becoming a REIN member but lost probably 10 times that by not know what I was doing!

I`ve been a member now for 10 months and I am constantly amazed at the quality (and quantity) of information, coaching, mentoring, and just everything. It blows me away that I am getting this for only $200/mo. If I can`t make a meeting, the CD`s of the event arrive in my mailbox about 2 -3 weeks after and I can hear the information as if I had been at the meeting.

My latest savings through REIN came through the `ask an expert` forum on MyREINSpace. I had some concerns with the pre-construction condo contract I had and wanted some advice. The REIN lawyer (Barry McGuire) and Don Campbell, and other seasoned investors responded quickly and with excellent advice. I obtained a referral to a lawyer and to make this story a short one too - the lawyer reviewed the contract, found issues with it, and we were able to successfully cancel the contract! This was an unbelievably good outcome for us and this benefit alone was worth about 10+ years of REIN membership.

I have never heard any REIN member say they regretted the money spent on membership. I`ve never seen a REIN member post anything negative about their membership on the forums either. I`m definately on the right track now and never would have got on it without the REIN membership. It`s just that good.

QUOTE (spark1 @ Aug 26 2008, 11:13 AM) Hi respected REIN members,

Could you please elighten me why REIN membership is so expensive. Paying 3500 for 17 months sounds as too much for a beginner investor. Why there is no option for one month trial membership? why the minimum membership is for only 17 months? No option to cancel within the first several months.

I am not sure how long this post will last on this forum before admit delete it, but I dare to ask anyway.

Thank you,

Igor

PS I am reading the Don`s book and like them a lot, even bought my first invetment property, but still 230$ a month is a big hit.
Also, I am curious to attend a Toronto REIN meeting, but a meeting for $3500 sounds as an overkill...

invst4profit

Registered
If you are serious about investing in real estate and not just looking for a get rich quick scheme the money is more than worth the investment if you use it to the max. Attending the meetings and especially networking is the key to the value of membership.
If you are prone to jumping in to things and not following through you are wasting your money.

This may sound like strange advice from a non member but in my case I have worked very hard to educate myself (harder than necessary), I would likely not attend meetings, and I don`t play well with others so membership was not a practical choice for myself.
Probably the major downside for me will be lack of financial resources when I hit the wall.

markl

Registered
The easy comparison is how much will one of those Russ Whitney or other advanced real estate investing courses cost you and there you get a weekend maybe 3 days. $3400 with a payment plan is pretty cheap if you ask me as well you get 100% Canadian content and it is 100 times better than those other courses as nobody is trying to sell you anything from the front of the room. I could go on about the benefits all day so if you would like me to you can email me [email protected]

spark1

Registered
I guess I am from a different planet and not as rich as you guys. Paying tuition as least you know exactly what new you will learn. Also I can withdraw from the cource before a specific deadline and get almost full tuition refund.

I see nothing wrong if it will attract more people. As it looks for me now you pay $3500 for "a cat in the sack" with no regret policy.

Anyway, I am very happy that you are enjoying your memebrship.
Hopefully in the future you think about less prosperous potential members.

best regards,
Igor

Patrick

Staff member
REIN Member
QUOTE (spark1 @ Aug 26 2008, 10:13 AM) Hi respected REIN members,

Thank you,

Igor

This is a question that gets asked time and time again by new members of REIN and/or people that are considering joining. As you can see in the replys to your post the `value` of REIN is not really the issue. The `value` of what you receive as a member is exceptional.

All of the benefits of REIN that exist are real and substantiated, with many 100`s of members that can provide testament to the value they receive as a member.

The question that I would encourage you to ask yourself is, do you beleive that you are worth the investment...IN YOU? Do you TRUST YOURSELF to follow through with, and do what you say you are going to do with the all of the `value` that you receive as a member. The value of what REIN offers becomes secondary the minute you decide that you are worth the investment in YOURSELF and are willing to put the value you receive to use.

My experience is that I received 10 years (at least) of value for REIN when I did my first realestate deal in 2002. REIN is simply a cost of doing business and it`s an investment in myself and my ongoing education as a sophisticated real estate investor...and business owner. If I never purchased another piece of real estate I would remain a member. The economic research, marketing insights, networking, insights into current national, and global affairs are of significant value to any business.

Hope this adds a slightly different perspective that you can consider

GSI

REIN Member
QUOTE (spark1 @ Aug 26 2008, 02:02 PM) I guess I am from a different planet and not as rich as you guys. Paying tuition as least you know exactly what new you will learn. Also I can withdraw from the cource before a specific deadline and get almost full tuition refund.

I see nothing wrong if it will attract more people. As it looks for me now you pay $3500 for "a cat in the sack" with no regret policy.

best regards,
Igor

Hi Igor,

Like the other replies said... It`s good value. But, if you find it`s too expensive for you then consider:

1) Just reading Don`s books: Real Estate Investing in Canada and 97 Tips. If you follow the basic system outlined there, you`ll be following the REIN system. Of course sans the monthly special reports and information, but you`ll at least get the skeleton of it.

2) You can buy the Quick Start Home-study kit. It has all you need and it`s only $500 or so. That is the system in its entirety.

3) If you like QuickStart or the books, then just join to receive the materials and cds from the event. This is cheaper than attending the monthly workshops.

I think every one`s point is that the program is worth it. I also agree that it is. I bought several properties and had been investing for years before I joined. As mentioned, the book will do in a pinch, QuickStart will give you all the tools you need. Start there first and then decide.

The gist of the messages from other members is that its `cheap education`.

Hope that helps,

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (spark1 @ Aug 26 2008, 03:02 PM)
I guess I am from a different planet and not as rich as you guys. Paying tuition as least you know exactly what new you will learn. Also I can withdraw from the cource before a specific deadline and get almost full tuition refund.

best regards,

Igor

Igor:

If you have a hard time spend $4000 on membership fees that educate you on how to produce real wealth, you will have an even harder time waving a condition on an asset worth $300,000 to $400,000 with $40,000 to $100,000 cash on the line !

As many folks stated above, the gains will be MANY MANY MANY times over the investment of $4000 in course fees if you act prudently !

Read here on how to get started:

http://myreinspace.com/public_forums1/General_Discussion/61-4391-How_to_get_started_.html

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear !

Likely you are not ready yet (mentally and/or financially !) .. You day may come IF you really want to !

read this post here on how to make more money before you have the cash for serious real estate investing:

http://myreinspace.com/public_forums/General_Discussion/61-3347-5_ways_to_make_money.html

Good luck !

HeatherBrandt

Registered
I didn`t join REIN until we had 4 properties and we still own them today because they are the same kind of property that we buy as REIN members (ie-we did okay on our own).

After my first few REIN meetings, I commented to my husband that I was glad I didn`t join before we had any properties because I would have been in information overload.

Being a member just made things happen faster due to knowledge, confidence, and networking. We might have stopped buying or never gotten around to getting a property manager.

Do you know any REIN members? If so, perhaps they can invite you as a guest to Quickstart. That will give you your trial run.

Heather

spark1

Registered
Thank you very much all, especially Heather and GSI.

best regards,

Igor

JoeRagona

Registered
My simple answer to this is that:

"sooner or later, the light goes on"

For me, it was the same thing. I frequented this site for a few weeks, I became a member but only through the mail program (which meant that I did not show up to meetings) I did get all the information and CDS from the meetings which were great. I finally upgraded to full membership and last night was my first `real` meeting. It is an experience and energy that will help drive my real estate business.

My light went on this month.

Kyoung

Registered
Hi Igor,

At some point, I wanted to know more about real estate, though my family has some experience in another country. So, I started on my own trek to investigate the different gurus and courses. I started with the free courses, yeah, there`s no free lunch... as usual at the end of the presentation, I would be sweating on whether I wanted to spend another $1000-5000 to enroll on a course which by the list of contents look attractive. The courses were designed for 3-6 months, depending on the amount you pay.

I find with REIN, 17 months is a pace I can deal with. I do this parttime and am not the smartest gal around but I like practical things. I`m sure that there are some people who can assimilate things faster than I do and benefit a lot from the other short expensive courses... but for me, REIN has helped me see a bigger picture... the smaller pieces are coming together as I get ready for them.

my 2 cents
Kim

KevinMatwichuk

Registered
Igor,

If you buy 1 positive cash flowing property using the REIN system, it will likely pay for your membership for the rest of your life! Sounds like a no-brainer to me because being a REIN member will give you the confidence to go far beyond where you have confidence to go individually. To me if you are serious about your real estate future, a REIN membership is priceless!

Kevin

vandriani

REIN Member
Igor

As we were closing on our last property, I had a great conversation with our real estate agent. She had heard of REIN but was unfamiliar with it`s teachings and philosophies. Long story short, we spent the better half of day looking a prospective properties. During this time, I explained the systems and processes that I folllowed when investing in real estate (which I learned at REIN). By the end of the day she was considering enrolling her son in the group. Her son is 21 and would only maybe purchase 2 properties but she was so impressed by what I had to say. Food for thought. I would consider the Quickstart weekend after reading the books. And if you make friends with an existing member, you get a good discount on the Quickstart

invst4profit

Registered
Igor

Many on here have tried to explain the value of membership none however have challanged your determination to suceed in life.

Here is food for thought;

Being successful in real estate investing takes hard work, dedication and a well thought out plan that one must carry through to completion.
Challenge yourself. Set out a plan and attempt to complete the challenge of saving the required membership fee by reducing personal expenses associated with your present life style.
By reducing your expenses you are saving money otherwise spent on unnecessary items thereby resulting in virtually free membership.
Succeed at that challenge and you have taken your first step down a very rewarding path.
Fail and you and you will have learned a very valuable lesson about your self discipline.

Good luck

Anonymous

Registered
Speaking from my personal experience, REIN is less expensive and provides more usable information than other real estate/personal development courses. I can understand why some people would initially be apprehensive in making such a commitment especially if they have had less than positive experiences with other groups. Obviously, if you don`t attend the events or make use of the materials available to you then joining will be a waste of time and money but the value exceeds the price if you employ the knowledge REIN provides.

I agree that the price appears to be on the higher side but I think a healthier attitude with finances woud be "how can I make more money" rather than "how can I save more money"? REIN would probably help you make more money.

Any good business that is not a charity or non-profit organization will charge as much as the market will bear. If the demand for REIN`s membership could not be sustained by the prices they charge, they wouldn`t have so many happy members. I guess the short answer to your question of why REIN membership is "so expensive" is because they can charge that much- but they do so with integrity.

Top Bottom