Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wikipedia vs. Don Campbell round 1

DrewBetts

Registered
I was just looking on Wikipedia today and was blown away by the wealth of information you can find about areas you may be considering investing in. For example, take a peek at what they have on Grande Prairie: Wikipedia

It`s a pretty solid concentrator for a whole range of information you may find useful about areas if you`re investing remotely. I wouldn`t say it stacks up with Don`s research for real estate market fundamentals, but it`s worth looking over.

Grant

Registered
Yeah, Wikipedia`s a nice spot for finding information about towns. I`ve used it before to get a general overview of a city. It still won`t tell you everything, though, and it`s never good to use it as your only source. What I often do is use Wikipedia to direct me to other websites (through the citations) where you can get more reliable information.

DrewBetts

Registered
QUOTE (Grant @ Sep 28 2007, 12:18 AM) Yeah, Wikipedia`s a nice spot for finding information about towns. I`ve used it before to get a general overview of a city. It still won`t tell you everything, though, and it`s never good to use it as your only source. What I often do is use Wikipedia to direct me to other websites (through the citations) where you can get more reliable information.

Agreed completely. It`s not really a research-oriented site with updated and accurate information, but it`s a great way to get a well-rounded picture of the areas you`re looking at. It almost has more information on Grande Prairie than the City of Grande Prairie website.

jeremyfleming

Registered
Drew,
After that great VTB letter that you posted (which I have used once already now), I can`t help but offer up my help to you...... I live and invest strictly in Grande Prairie, so if there are any specifics you need - newspaper articles etc. about GP please let me know.

Cheers,
Jeremy

DrewBetts

Registered
QUOTE (jeremyfleming @ Sep 28 2007, 01:32 PM) Drew,
After that great VTB letter that you posted (which I have used once already now), I can`t help but offer up my help to you...... I live and invest strictly in Grande Prairie, so if there are any specifics you need - newspaper articles etc. about GP please let me know.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy. Glad you liked the VTB letter. We`ve actually been operating in GP for nearly a year now. It`s a great place to be investing so I`m sure you`re doing very well. We currently own 26 units there and we`re always looking for more, so if you see anything come up that you`d like to assign or pass our way then let me know. Cheers!

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (jeremyfleming @ Sep 28 2007, 04:32 PM) Drew,

Cheers,
Jeremy

Hey Jeremy,

a great idea would be to post them on the site for all to benefit from.

Top Bottom