Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Windows XP desktop Windows Vista laptop

RichardBeyer

Registered
Hi Garth,

I`m just about to download REMA for the first time. I just got a new computer that has Windows xp media center edition (desktop). My wife is handling all of the data entry for bookkeeping and property management, etc.. I was going to buy a laptop for myself for JV presentations and using the REMA system for property analysis when I`m out purchasing properties.

My question to you is: If my wife is entering the data on xp is it then possible to transfer the data onto the laptop even though it runs Windows Vista or am I going to have problems? XP laptops are getting hard to find.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Beyer

GarthChapman

Registered
Hi Richard,

There shouldn't be a problem with what you are proposing to do, as I do exactly that with my wife and her XP machine and my Vista laptop! (but I don't trust Vista at all as it behaves differently on different machines it seems). If you want some info on how to do this and on what to be aware of just send me an email to [email protected]

We'll have a Network version early in the new year and then you won't have to do the transfer thing. Here's the link to that Topic for you http://myreinspace.com/rema_support_forums/REMA_Suggestions/117-1066-Networked_computers_using_REMA.html

Hope that helps,

hazed

Registered
I am a Vista user and am having difficulty opening `My Portfolio` - getting the error 3265. I can get into the Sample User only. I have tried using the Vista fix for this error as suggested, but unable to double-click after Explore-Program Files-REMA-FixMDB.exe - the application file does not open or take me to box to select `ok` or `yes`. Any other suggestion? Hazel

Top Bottom