Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Workout Success

DaveAlbano

Registered
Hi All,

We were fortunate enough to have Les Hewitt speak at the Calgary REIN meeting last week on Sept 17 (my first one in Calgary!), and I was fortunate enough to be asked up on stage by Les, during his "Habits" portion of his presentation. I just moved to Calgary and with the logistics of the move from Toronto, I had lost my exercise regimen, and on the spot and in front of everyone, Les coached me to re-define it. My program was to start today, Monday Sept 24 from 7-8am in the gym with weight training, and with his NO EXCEPTIONS POLICY, that`s exactly where I found myself this morning! To help keep me accountable, Don requested that I post here on the forums by 9am, so lo and behold, here we are! I`ve found success in my first weight workout in quite some time, and feel refreshed and rejuvenated and excited to continue...thanks Don and Les!

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Congrats Dave,

Now to keep the momentum going! By the way all of those who made a commitment for a new exercise program (one from each city) did it!

More proof that when we`re held accountable for our actions we get off our duff and do something. What lessons can we all learn from the? Simply find a coach and a success partner who will keep you on task.

trudijohnston

Registered
Trudi Johnston,

Hi Dave,

Congratulations!!!! I love hearing about people who really committ to their success on paper. My own fitness regime has some similar qualities. Since I was 15 years old I taught aerobics, ran marathons, did yoga, and many other exercise programs, but the last 5 years have been an up and down struggle because of so many reasons(excuses). Generally fitness is just something I do without really thinking since it really has been a strong habit for me, but I think I just figured out that you can`t take your habits for granted, which I have been doing. I really found that by reading the Power of Focus it really helped re-educate me about my fitness lifestyle and I can happily say all is good. I did read though in a meditation book that if you try to form a new habit and you fail, oh well!!! Just start again.

DaveAlbano

Registered
QUOTE (trudijohnston @ Sep 24 2007, 11:29 AM) Trudi Johnston,

Hi Dave,

Congratulations!!!! I love hearing about people who really committ to their success on paper. My own fitness regime has some similar qualities. Since I was 15 years old I taught aerobics, ran marathons, did yoga, and many other exercise programs, but the last 5 years have been an up and down struggle because of so many reasons(excuses). Generally fitness is just something I do without really thinking since it really has been a strong habit for me, but I think I just figured out that you can`t take your habits for granted, which I have been doing. I really found that by reading the Power of Focus it really helped re-educate me about my fitness lifestyle and I can happily say all is good. I did read though in a meditation book that if you try to form a new habit and you fail, oh well!!! Just start again.

Thanks for your words of encouragement guys!

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
Hi Dave,
Firstly I would guess that you were not just fortunate to be asked on stage but perhaps that you were meant to be there? Just a thought!

While I think what you have started is absolutly fantastic, lets be absolutly real here. To get started is just the first step and you will hit some harder days ahead and this is where the no exceptions policy must be imbedded. It took me some time to get to the point where I now hit the gym 5 days a week at 7am and trust me it was hard but I promise you this, if you stick to it you will receive success in other areas of your life that will blow your mind.

I rarely make statements like this but this is one area in life that is totally underrated when it come to personal development.

If you respect yourself enough YOU WILL STICK TO IT!

Well done.

Philip McKernan.

QUOTE (DaveAlbano @ Sep 24 2007, 09:56 AM) Hi All,

We were fortunate enough to have Les Hewitt speak at the Calgary REIN meeting last week on Sept 17 (my first one in Calgary!), and I was fortunate enough to be asked up on stage by Les, during his "Habits" portion of his presentation. I just moved to Calgary and with the logistics of the move from Toronto, I had lost my exercise regimen, and on the spot and in front of everyone, Les coached me to re-define it. My program was to start today, Monday Sept 24 from 7-8am in the gym with weight training, and with his NO EXCEPTIONS POLICY, that`s exactly where I found myself this morning! To help keep me accountable, Don requested that I post here on the forums by 9am, so lo and behold, here we are! I`ve found success in my first weight workout in quite some time, and feel refreshed and rejuvenated and excited to continue...thanks Don and Les!

MikeMcCrae

Registered
I am the Edmonton guy. I am still on my program and have had about 95% success. MY swim times were to be between 9 and 9:30 in the morning. I have missed only 1 day since we started and that day the pool was closed. Meant to make it up but didn`t. I don`t always get there at 9:00 tough. Part of my personal belise is not having to get up before I am ready. So I do not set alarm clocks. real estate has allowed me to have the life I want, and that does not include early mornings. I rarely book appointments before 10:30 and I don`t turn my phone on till 9;00 am.

Getting the little push from Les wa great! I will get fit and do more excercise as time moves on. I must say thanks to all that have stayed in contact with me since the event. There has been times where I thought I would just take `today` off, but have always worked thru it. It has been really uplifting to have your encouragement.

Setting the goal is the first step to accomplishing it.

Top Bottom