Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Would REIN be beneficial for Investors outside of Canada

rezasal

Registered
Hi Folks,

I currently live in Ontario and hold three rentals, and I`m deciding if I should join REIN as I see the benefits of joining. But I will be moving out to Australia in January for the next three to four years, so will I benefit the perks of being a member? or should I wait until I come back?

I would love to continue building my RE portfolio in Canada, but I don`t know if I could really get in on the action while I`m miles away????

I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks and happy investing.
style_emoticons

srousseu

REIN Member
Hi Reza,

I would highly recommend it. I have been a member for the past 2.5 years and I live in Dubai. During that time I have learned so much that even if I hadn`t bought a single property it wouldn`t matter as I have so much more knowledge now than before and I would be ready for the time when I started my portfolio. However, I have in fact bought 3 properties - two while sitting here in Dubai - and I thank REIN for giving me the confidence to do it. If you take the time now before you leave to get a great team together, you can invest from abroad, and being a member of REIN will give you the support to do that. It will also allow you to learn new things about property investing every month (and in fact every day with this website. And it`s only $99/mo for overseas members to boot.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Scott Rousseu
Dubai, UAE

rezasal

Registered
QUOTE (srousseu @ Oct 3 2008, 12:44 PM) Hi Reza,

I would highly recommend it. I have been a member for the past 2.5 years and I live in Dubai. During that time I have learned so much that even if I hadn`t bought a single property it wouldn`t matter as I have so much more knowledge now than before and I would be ready for the time when I started my portfolio. However, I have in fact bought 3 properties - two while sitting here in Dubai - and I thank REIN for giving me the confidence to do it. If you take the time now before you leave to get a great team together, you can invest from abroad, and being a member of REIN will give you the support to do that. It will also allow you to learn new things about property investing every month (and in fact every day with this website. And it`s only $99/mo for overseas members to boot.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Scott Rousseu
Dubai, UAE

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply as it helps. I`m 99.9% there in deciding to sign up.

One of my good friends just moved out to Dubai, she is practicing law there. I would love to move out there for couple years to work...

jarrettvaughan

Registered
Scott makes a great point. You must set up your team in advance of your departure.

I have been a REIN member for 10 months, during this time i have purchased 5 properties with 3 different joint venture partners. I was also living in BC for most of this time. I now live in France (Attending Graduate School) and have continued with my REIN membership because i have developed a system that makes it very easy to continue to manage my properties (through a property manager) and purchase new properties. That being said, I have not purchased any addition properties since my arrival in France due to the fact that i am not developing any new JV connections. This is related to the fact that i do not speak French, have no prior relationships in Europe for potential partners and find it hard to continue to build a relationship with my potential partners in BC. Once i build European connections, I beleive that the possibility of connecting European money to the Canadian Market may increase.

This limitation are simply related to my inabilties, REIN only increases my chances of success. I would not give up my membership as it is very important to stay connected, motivated, educated and diciplined in my investing.

I hope this helps.

rezasal

Registered
Thanks Jarrett,

Does REIN teach you how to set up JV? I`ve actually already got a response from someone to potentialy do a JV...

I`m convinced to join so I`m gonna submit my application.

There is a lot that I have to learn.... so it should be good.
style_emoticons

jarrettvaughan

Registered
QUOTE (rezasal @ Oct 3 2008, 03:16 PM) Thanks Jarrett,

Does REIN teach you how to set up JV? I`ve actually already got a response from someone to potentialy do a JV...

I`m convinced to join so I`m gonna submit my application.

There is a lot that I have to learn.... so it should be good.
style_emoticons

Yes, they teach you how to work with JV partners from a legal, accounting, and sales perspective. There also is a special JV package that you can buy that has tons of amazing info and will pay for itself many times over.

Jack

Registered
At the very least, you should buy the Real Estate Investing in Canada book, which teaches the 12 fundamentals that drive real estate values, that can essentially be applied to any region in the world.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (rezasal @ Oct 2 2008, 12:35 PM) Hi Folks,

I currently live in Ontario and hold three rentals, and I`m deciding if I should join REIN as I see the benefits of joining. But I will be moving out to Australia in January for the next three to four years, so will I benefit the perks of being a member? or should I wait until I come back?

I would love to continue building my RE portfolio in Canada, but I don`t know if I could really get in on the action while I`m miles away????

I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks and happy investing.
style_emoticons

REIN is for ACTIVE investors .. if you envision not buying assets for 3 years than it does not really make sense .. with the caveat that $200/month is not all that much for ongoing education !

Nicola

Registered
Being out of Canada shouldn`t stop you. My husband and I live in Seoul and we just closed on our 10th property(!) about 6 weeks ago. :) As Scott mentioned above,you need a great team, but you can do it. I absolutely love getting the REIN CDs and `What`s behind the curtain` every month - it helps us stay in touch with what`s going on in the market. Even if you`re not going to buy properties in Canada while you`re in Australia, I still think it`s worth it to know what`s going on.

rezasal

Registered
QUOTE (Nicola @ Oct 7 2008, 09:26 AM) Being out of Canada shouldn`t stop you. My husband and I live in Seoul and we just closed on our 10th property(!) about 6 weeks ago. :) As Scott mentioned above,you need a great team, but you can do it. I absolutely love getting the REIN CDs and `What`s behind the curtain` every month - it helps us stay in touch with what`s going on in the market. Even if you`re not going to buy properties in Canada while you`re in Australia, I still think it`s worth it to know what`s going on.

Thanks for the feedback Nicola.

Top Bottom