Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

You don`t have to be older to be an Investor.

pvilay

Registered
Hello everyone,

My name is Paul and i`m a resident of Edmonton. I"ve been a REIN member for two years now and I owe much of my success to the REIN team.

I graduated at NAIT with my 4 year Bachelor`s of Applied System Technology Degree(IT) two years ago. However, during that time I was in a serious relationship and I had an epiphany after I graduated. I did not want to have a career in IT, and I guess not ever having a boss had a little to do with it
style_emoticons
. I wanted to achieve financial freedom and success and help my family and friends to do the same.

I began to read a lot of self-help books to discover myself and to build a strong foundation for success when i heard about real estate investing. This, in-turn, led me straight to REIN. In the ways of " The Secret" or the " The Laws of attraction", know what you want, ask for it, and be ready to receive it (see the opportunity). REIN was my opportunity to help my friends and family achieve financial success and freedom.

This may be a small amount for some, but after I graduated from school I was $30,000 in debt and didn`t have that great of credit. In a three month period after graduation, I studied Quickstart and bought my first home. I sold it a year later and paid off my debt, and I`m still investing. I went from having a networth of -$30,000 to $130,000 in two years and I think its incredible for this, now, 25 year old. So i`m here to share my thoughts and views of real estate investing from a younger perspective. You dont have to be "old" to invest in Real Estate, in-fact I can`t think of any excuses that should stop you from investing. Therefore, I`d like to be an example and help other young investors with their road to success as well.

So again, I`d like to thank Don, Russel, Barry, Peter and the administrative staff for putting this whole program and network together. You guys helped me change my life.

GlennLasiuta

Registered
Absolutely. I too, being a young investor, know the difficulty of being lumped into the `young` generation category. It is tough and frustrating at times when the banks or other professionals seem to have a hard time taking you seriously because they can`t look past your age.

Thanks for the story, I wish that I had started out right after I finished my post-secondary training. Would have saved me a lot of stress knowing that I could make a great living without having too freeze my butt off in Northern Alberta for months on end.
style_emoticons

Keep up the good work!

swhitehouse

REIN Member
Hi Paul and Glennith.

This is a great site the REIN team set up. I have been a member since April 07 and have been trying to meet people around our ages starting out to try and start a group of friends with similar interests and goals in mind. Im planning on heading to the Edmonton Quickstart and if either of you are there or anyone else in our position it would be great to meet up and get to know each other.

I live in Calgary and am in last year at UofC and bought my first place last year at 24. I just rented it out and moved into my second place and am now trying to work on a third, but things are getting a little trickier now that my debts are getting higher and I dont have a full-time salaried income yet.

Great job on getting your places and hopefully we can meet up and discuss how we`re going to get the next ones!

GlennLasiuta

Registered
QUOTE (swhitehouse @ Sep 20 2007, 09:11 PM) Hi Paul and Glennith.
I have been a member since April 07 and have been trying to meet people around our ages starting out to try and start a group of friends with similar interests and goals in mind. Im planning on heading to the Edmonton Quickstart and if either of you are there or anyone else in our position it would be great to meet up and get to know each other.

Great job on getting your places and hopefully we can meet up and discuss how we`re going to get the next ones!

Swhitehouse and Paul,

Yes I am attending edmonton Quickstart. For sure we should try and meet up and help each other move towards our goals. Look forward to meeting you. Until then, keep focused and be dilligent.

Cheers!

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Congratulations Paul! You`re off and running early. The key now is to stay focused, build your business based on your vision (not someone else`s ideals) and do every thing you can to protect your reputation. You can always make money, you can always find more real estate, but it is very difficult to change a reputation.

See other posts in this part of the forum.

GO GET EM and don`t be afraid to ask your REIN Team and fellow Members for assistance as you grow.

kristianinsauga

Registered
Hey Guys,

im 27 and im just getting going...my fiance and I currenlty already own our home and im looking to start small by persuing a small rental property or something like that...

But i dont have alot of cash on hand to invest - so i have a question - how do i get started right away? I am trying to find an agent to partner with - i have a meeting with one to help me find properties so that i can put together some sort of profile...

im having a hard time grasping the concept of getting started...

any tips?

swhitehouse

REIN Member
Hi Kristian

By combining our two salaries and saving enough for 10% down, my wife and I purchase our first home by ourselves. Our first home had an upper and lower suite in it so we ended up moving into and renovating the lower suite so we could rent out the large upstairs suite. We were then in the same spot you are without enough cash to purchase our next property. I solved this problem by talking with my parents, friends, and eventually my boss to see if any of them would put up the down payment.
I found a property that would work and presented it to my boss and he agreed to partner with me on our second place. We negotiated a deal where he agreed to pay all costs to carry the property for 6 months while I`m putting in my time to renovate it and put in a larger basement suite so that it can carry itself. In the end we will both split everything 50/50.

I think the trick is getting out there and asking people. It may be someone you know directly, a friend of a friend, or your next door neighbor. Although it`s nice to own your properties 100% yourself, as Russell Westcott says, "its better to own 50% of something than 0% of nothing".

Best of luck!!

pvilay

Registered
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say thanks for all of your support. To anyone who isn`t a REIN member yet, this is half of what you can expect if you become a REIN member. This group is all about support and building a network so all can succeed. So if anyone is confused about how to start, begin by being around people with the same goals and intentions. I`ll guarantee that you`ll find someone who has ran into the same problems as you.

Kristian, you should buy 97 tips for Canadian real estate investors and "Real estate investing in Canada using the A.C.R.E system" I think thats the title. It`ll help a lot.

Top Bottom