Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Your Mega - Mind

JoeRagona

Registered
Do you realize how powerful your mind actually is? You can essentially convince yourself on anything and you don’t have to be a mentalist to do it. I can bet if you are struggling for success and wealth you have not `re-programmed` you minds’ switch from its default of failure. “That’s crazy” you’re probably thinking – he’s finally flipped. But I`ll debate that I know this is true because as I move along in my own new Real Estate investing career I `test market` everything before I write about it. THINK, and Ye Shall Receive
I know that so many people think simplicity in anything can`t be true because if so, everyone would be doing it..but really all I did to begin changing my wealth and success was THINK logically.

“That’s it Joe? Really, what else ya got?” Am I right in assuming you are thinking this?

Hear me out – MINDSET
is driven from everything your brain does naturally you just need to learn to control it. As current student of the Authority Formula
taught by one of my coaches Greg Habstritt, we were recently introduced to the Triune Brain Theory which basically suggests the human brain has evolved into three integral parts: physical, emotional and intellectual. I won’t get into the details , but if you are interested in learning more you can go here .

Why am I telling you this and what does it have to do with Real Estate investing? I’m going to once again draw from my personal experience to prove how our brains make us believe anything we want.

The Brain’s Survival Mode

Two weeks ago my six year old daughter was knocked over at school and hurt her shoulder. She had full functionality but as a precaution I took her for x-rays.

Even though we were on the ‘stat’ list (that means immediate feedback from the doctor) we only received the results a week later – fractured collar bone. Nice…thanks for the speedy diagnosis.

Now all week long my daughter is playing normally, running around giving mommy and daddy big tight hugs and everything. The moment we told her she needed to wear a brace and had to be a bit careful such as staying inside at recess, refrain from soccer and dance, her arm suddenly became powerless. She stopped using her arm terrified of it ‘hurting’.

I don`t want to downplay the emotional part of this `trauma` for her but this is the important part
- Her MIND (the physical part) went into ‘survival mode’ & wanted to protect her to make her feel safe. It “defaulted” to the basic human function. I understand this may not make sense to you if you are unfamiliar with the triune brain theory but the point is how her MIND told her to react to the situation and she responded by using her other arm for things. This is even after I was telling her ‘intellectual` brain “just use your arm the same way you were yesterday, nothing has changed - this is just to help you heal better.”

I found her ‘mind-switch’ fascinating and totally related this experience to how people make Real Estate investing and financial decisions
. Every one of the highly successful people has learned to understand and control their mindset to create wealth
. To invest successfully in Real Estate you must change your MINDSET

I know this because I remember my own challenges and thought process, but I talk to people every day about investing & see the triune brain parts always at odds with each other. The fence sitters and the non-action takers are using the emotional and physical ‘survival’ part of their brain to make decisions. Wrong ones in my opinion.

This emotional element to Real Estate investing is also prominent with novice current Real Estate investors whom have a decent portfolio, but all of a suddent freak out because of what they just saw on television or were convinced the market is headed for disaster after talking to someone at the office holiday party. They ultimately let their emotions decide their fate and soon after investing (maybe one, two or three years) decide to give up.

Your Brain - Your Choice

I’ve said it many times before that Real Estate investing and wealth is a CHOICE
. All you need to create wealth is the MINDSET to do so. Nobody other than yourself is going to convince you otherwise. If YOU believe Real Estate will make you wealthy, nothing will stop you - on the other hand if you are like 96% of the population and decide Real Estate investing is anything else, you will be right also.

I know you have read the books suggesting the same thing but I’m here to tell you ‘keep reading and learning if you have yet not been able to update your MINDSET’. Sometimes you need to hear and see things several times presented in different ways for it to register. You know those ‘Aha’ moments? Those will be the moments that will move you towards wealth.

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (JoeRagona @ Dec 7 2010, 09:32 PM) Two weeks ago my six year old daughter was knocked over at school and hurt her shoulder.

fractured collar bone

Best wishes to your daughter for a speedy recovery with no long term damage.

Michael

housingrental

Registered
I don`t really understand what you are trying to say in this post - the only take away I got from is it is I can choose to be wealthy and invest in real estate... ?

JoeRagona

Registered
Thanks MikeQUOTE (bizaro86 @ Dec 8 2010, 10:17 AM) Best wishes to your daughter for a speedy recovery with no long term damage.

Michael

JoeRagona

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Dec 8 2010, 11:33 AM) I don`t really understand what you are trying to say in this post - the only take away I got from is it is I can choose to be wealthy and invest in real estate... ?

Hi Adam,

There is a lot being said here, this is a copy from my blog at http://engagedinvestor.ca for the benefit of others who have yet to realize the power of real estate. It suggests why people are programmed to fail, to make themselves powerless just by using a MINDSET. The opposite is also true.

Since you are already in the investment MINDSET this probably won`t make much sense to you. I`ve posted in the public section for a reason

Don`t try to over-analyze it too much

Happy Days my friend!!!!

housingrental

Registered
Thanks Joey - it also seemed like a given to me

Just checked out your blog - very good stuff on there

JoeRagona

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Dec 9 2010, 11:48 AM) Thanks Joey - it also seemed like a given to me

Just checked out your blog - very good stuff on there

LOL...you betcha Adam...thanks for the blog support also!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (JoeRagona @ Dec 8 2010, 08:35 PM) ... MINDSET ..
The mindset is a good starting point. Some people call it FAITH !

However, "mindset" is not enough.

You also have to have a "heartset" i.e. love what you do and show your human emotion to others.

You need others along the way .. realtors, investors, property managers, accountants, spouse, ...

You also need money (from your own jeans or other people`s)

You also need time and energy to pursue what you set out to do.

You have to know what you are doing, i.e. you must ave knowledge !

You need discipline, too !

You also need action.

This verse here sums it up well:

2 Peter 1:5-7 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Pretty applicable to real estate investment, uh ?

JBagorio

Registered
QUOTE (JoeRagona @ Dec 7 2010, 09:32 PM) ... – MINDSET is driven from everything your brain does naturally you just need to learn to control it...

Thanks for an insightful post! Yes MINDSET it is!!!!!

Just as my favorite quote goes:

"Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes...your destiny."

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Dec 9 2010, 09:45 PM) This verse here sums it up well:

2 Peter 1:5-7 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

This could be the most insightful thing I`ve read this month. Thanks Thomas! Your posts are always informative, but this goes to the next level as being enlightening.

Regards,

Michael

Rickson9

Registered
Good post. Nothing new for those who already practice it, but good to share nonetheless!

I agree with the parts of the brain, but believe that there is a 4th part which is the spiritual. I consider it separate from the physical, emotional and intellectual.

Best regards.

JoeRagona

Registered
QUOTE (Rickson9 @ Dec 10 2010, 02:29 PM) Good post. Nothing new for those who already practice it, but good to share nonetheless!

I agree with the parts of the brain, but believe that there is a 4th part which is the spiritual. I consider it separate from the physical, emotional and intellectual.

Best regards.

Yes you are right and I totally agree - a spiritual connection is very powerful! The basis of the post is just to introduce those who are not practicing how many things can affect our decisions. Since I deal with many jvs and who have many excuses as to WHY they are not yet ready, I like to help others understand the process I go though as much as possible.

JoeRagona

Registered
QUOTE (JNB @ Dec 10 2010, 12:34 AM) Thanks for an insightful post! Yes MINDSET it is!!!!!

Just as my favorite quote goes:

"Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes...your destiny."

HI Jason, thanks for the kind words, I love that quote, I remember it but have forgotten it !!!

JoeRagona

Registered
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Dec 9 2010, 11:45 PM) The mindset is a good starting point. Some people call it FAITH !

However, "mindset" is not enough.

You also have to have a "heartset" i.e. love what you do and show your human emotion to others.

You need others along the way .. realtors, investors, property managers, accountants, spouse, ...

You also need money (from your own jeans or other people`s)

You also need time and energy to pursue what you set out to do.

You have to know what you are doing, i.e. you must ave knowledge !

You need discipline, too !

You also need action.

This verse here sums it up well:

As always Thomas I agree with you. For the benefit of others I answered this in full on the blog here http://engagedinvestor.ca/?p=370

JBagorio

Registered
QUOTE (JoeRagona @ Dec 11 2010, 12:53 PM) HI Jason, thanks for the kind words, I love that quote, I remember it but have forgotten it !!!
Thanks Joe, The quote that I have been keeping close and dear to my heart for years have helped shape me of who I am today and going forward…not to mention it is in most of my online profile including myreinspace, facebook, etc... :)

Top Bottom