Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Aluminum wire

CalvinTruong

Registered
Hi there, our 4-plex in Edmonton has aluminum wire. I am wondering if anyone have come across any issue with the insurance company with this type of wire and how do you deal it? if you are to replace, any idea on the cost and recommendation for a reliable electrician?

jcab256

Registered
Hi there, our 4-plex in Edmonton has aluminum wire. I am wondering if anyone have come across any issue with the insurance company with this type of wire and how do you deal it? if you are to replace, any idea on the cost and recommendation for a reliable electrician?

Not sure about Alberta but in Manitoba, they require and electrician to inspect and sign off that it’s safe. I had it done last year, and the electrician took apart every light, switch, and outlet and applied a paste to prevent corrosion, to every aluminum wite connection.

Michel Lafleur

Frequent Forum Member
REIN Member
Hi Calvin. In Edmonton, contact Robart Electric. Rob Swyrd is a fantastic resource, and his company specilizes in 60 amp upgrades & aluminum wire upgrades. They will "pig tail" the properties for you and provide a written certificate to give to your insurer saying the job has been done professionally. 780-238-8195 or www.robartelectric.com

CalvinTruong

Registered
Hi Calvin. In Edmonton, contact Robart Electric. Rob Swyrd is a fantastic resource, and his company specilizes in 60 amp upgrades & aluminum wire upgrades. They will "pig tail" the properties for you and provide a written certificate to give to your insurer saying the job has been done professionally. 780-238-8195 or www.robartelectric.com
Michel, thanks for the contact! I will get in touch with Rob and will mention you as a referral. Take care!

Top Bottom