Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Best and most affordable Tenant verification program

Martin1968

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Who, in your opinion, has the most affordable and best Canadian tenant verification program.

I’m used to dealing with Naborly, always liked their service for the most part, but seems they have increased their prices twice this year already.

March: Application and credit report combined $0
CPIC $25.00
(They also dropped Landlord/tenant Insurance but no big deal to me personally as not using it at all.

April: Application and credit report $25.00
CPIC no longer available.

Current: Application $25.00
Credit report $25.00
CPIC still not available.

From $0.00 to $50.00 in a matter of months. And no Criminal Record check available.

I checked some other tenant verification services but wouldn‘t mind some good advise and recommendations, best price and easiest process. Tenant insurance is not of interest.

Thanks in advance.

Alvaro Sanchez

Ottawa-Gatineau Investor
Registered
I have never use his services and I do my own checks (mind you, I have been a landlord for 20+ years). If you become member of a landlord association they usually offer an option to pull credit checks for applicants at $10/$15 a pop. Now, I don't pull credit reports on everyone who applies. Only the one who I pick and want to do a last verification.

Now, if you don't have the experience or unsure what to look on an application/credit report, perhaps $50 is not too expensive.

Martin1968

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Thank you for the response Alvaro. I actually did go ahead and probably misunderstood Naborly, as the tenant application included the credit report for $25.00
Not sure what exactly they meant.
As far as landlord association, I would need to look into that what AB has and if any cost involved.
For me personally what I like about the tenant verification program is that you have everything in a 1 step program.
If I were to pull a creditreport it’s an extra handling, starting with tenant application and then submitting to obtain a creditreport. For the difference in cost I find the value offered worth the extra few dollars.
By the way, the follow up on reports stays the same, as all checks go by algorithms with no human interaction involved. Experience makes things easier, no question. Thanks again

Top Bottom