Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bringing family member into business

DianneDachyshyn

Registered
We would like to bring our daughter into our real estate business so that she can help us move up to the next level in terms of working with JV partners, promoting and marketing our business, etc. What she has to offer are strong administrative skills. She`s great at doing many things that we are not good at. She doesn`t have capital to invest, only time and skills.

My question is this: how do we structure the business plan to involve her and to include her in our investments? We could likely pay her an hourly wage, but she is more interested in becoming an investor herself. I see great potential for a family business here, but we aren`t sure how to set it up. What would be a fair return and how would we determine that?

Have any of you made a similar arrangement (perhaps with someone who`s good at renovations or something similar)? If so, could you share with me how you set it up?

She`s eager to invest but has spent 5 years teaching overseas and has no capital to invest.

Top Bottom