Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buffalo

safsad

Registered
I was on loop net and some properties are being offered with cap rates of 18% and above.are these not great deals- a whole lot better than the 7% we can get in Toronto.
It`s only an hour away-is anybody investing there?Is it a potential minefield?

GaryMcGowan

Registered
Use the REIN property goldmine score card. How does it look after you have had a look at it now?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
use realistic expenses .. plus usually a lot of deferred maintenance (roof, boiler, ugly suites, hallways carpets, windows ...) .. add those to price and what looks like 18% on paper is perhaps only 6 or 8 or 10% CAP rate in the real world. It may still make sense .. or it may not .. check it out some more: city, sub-location and asset .. all may or may not make sense !

Send me the loopnet link privately (or publicly here) if you wish and I`ll give you an opinion !!

We bought a building in Detroit 3 years ago because it was cheap .. only 13/door ! We could not cash-flow it with no mortgage it .. and sold it for 3/door a painful year and a half later !! I made the big mistake of not going myself and relying on my (now departed) partner and an appraisal 40% above our purchase price. Big mistake. Many areas in the US are not where the average human wishes to live and the average investor wishes to build equity.

Buffalo might be similar !!

housingrental

Registered
The posts above are good
One thing to add is how are you going to manage it?
Properties with stated high cap`s will generally have few property management companies willing to take on. Can you rely on and trust the quality of service you`ll receive from the ones that will?
What will be the ease and cost of you overseeing the investments out of country?

Top Bottom