Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

'commissioner of oaths' guarantor, wont sign lease because it shows her on the lease as a 'tenant'

Terencesp

New Forum Member
Registered
I was approved for a tenant lease provided i secured a guarantor, who was also approved; however, my sister, as a 'commissioner of oaths' in Ontario, won't sign because the lease has her name on it as though she were a 'tenant', which she is not. The landlord has stated that they know she is not a tenant. What can i do? is this due to the standarized lease form since 2018? thanks

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Seems rather weird. List only the actual tenants as tenants. List guarantors as guarantors and not as tenants. Some landlords are dishonest and maybe that is one of them ??

Sister has to guarantee the rent if you default. Is she ok with that ?

Terencesp

New Forum Member
Registered
she is ok and has no issues, just feels she doesnt want to sign a document that has her as a 'tenant'; i saw no place on the lease for a guarantor to sign, the only reference to a 'guarantor' was if one of the tenants was also going to serve as guarantor; i suspect the administrator felt she was doing me and them a favor by having her as a tenant, since i am currently on assistance until september, but never have a problem paying my rent in many years; i had a family emergency where i have had to stay home on take care of my 3 and 5 year old

Top Bottom