Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Companies Waterproofing Ontario Basements

ClintL

Registered
I'm planning to build in the unfinished basement of my Hamilton triplex soon and I know that I have to do some waterproofing before I do anything else down there. I saw a billboard for a company called RCC Waterproofing and they are in various southern Ontario cities.

Has anyone here ever used them? Are there any other companies recommended in the Hamilton area for waterproofing - I assume that these folks will also include checking out existing drain pipes for any obstructions.

ChristinaCatana

Ontario Realtor of the Year
REIN Member
I could recommend some Toronto companies. But just call a couple local plumbing companies, they usually do exterior waterproofing or they have an affiliate company that does.

Before hiring a waterproofing company I'd have a good idea what the problem is and is not. A company might recommend excavating and waterproofing the exterior, when the problem is buried downspouts.

Some of the questions to ask yourself are:

Is grading good near the leak area? Does water pool at the foundation during heavy rainfall?

Are the downspouts discharging above grade? Or are they going under your house and doing who knows what?

ClintL

Registered
Thanks Christina. I'm going to keep those things in mind when different companies come by for estimates. No particular leak but overall feels moist and musty - it's a 100+ years building.

Top Bottom