Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Financing my tenants

cmontminy

Registered
Is it possible for the owner of a house to finance its tenants so they can purchase the house?

If my tenanats do not have the 5% down payment required. Can I lend them the money ?

RobMacdonald

Registered
There are programs where clients can borrow their 5% downpayment, or get 5% cash back from a lender, but you cannot lend the money to a purchaser of your property. The loan has to be non-arms length.

Your tenants might be interested in a Free Downpayment program. They will pay a higher interest rate, but if they don't have other alternatives, it may be the way to go.

Jeffersonn

Registered
I appreciate the response that every question gets here in this forum and i think all the problems discussed here are practical in nature.The expert members really do help and that makes this forum a really useful platform to give people the honest and expert advice.

invst4profit

Registered
Since no one else is going to say it I guess I will.

If your tenants can't afford a down payment they can't afford to own a home. People that are unable to save money make very poor home owners and are a very high risk to default on a mortgage. They are the same people that get evicted for non payment of rent because they had a unexpected car repair. They are already living beyond there means.

Top Bottom