Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help with deficincies

KIWInCALGARY

Registered
Hello All, Does the Alberta New Home Warranty cover builders deficiencies? We have been in our newly purchased property for four months now and the builders/developers have failed to complete any of the outstanding areas of work that were recorded during our walk through. We have contacted them several times but they continue to procrastinate in completing this work, coming up with excuse after excuse. We have now had no response in the last month after emailing them four times over the last month asking for follow-up. How long should one expect to have these deficiencies corrected? I was under the impression that they are usually fixed within 45 days of purchase. If you are unable to provide any in-site regarding this matter, do you know of whom we should be contacting? Thanks! P.S. The builders...UBG

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (KIWInCALGARY @ Aug 6 2010, 04:52 PM) Hello All, Does the Alberta New Home Warranty cover builders deficiencies? ...
yes they usually do !

QUOTE (KIWInCALGARY @ Aug 6 2010, 04:52 PM) If you are unable to provide any in-site regarding this matter, do you know of whom we should be contacting?
Step 1: more phone calls
Step 2: a letter from you with specific deadlines
Step 3: a letter from your lawyer

...in parallel contact the Home Warranty folks who will put add`l pressure on builder !

Step 4: a lawsuit

The squeaky wheel gets the grease .. keep phoning EVERY DAY

Avoidconfusion

Registered
I had the same frustration years ago. Most reputable builders should give you a full year for fixing deficiencies, I am not sure if that is true today.
The main thing to do is to keep copies of all your correspondence and if they do do anything make sure it is done to your satisfaction. When they have gone over their warranty period to need to be able to go back with your correspondence to show them where they were deficient within the warranty period and nothing was done.
Contact your salesperson and contact people higher in the company expressing your concerns (stating that you will certainly let others know of this poor service).

Thomas is right it may have to get ugly.

Kevin Redmond
Avoid Confusion

KIWInCALGARY

Registered
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Aug 6 2010, 09:13 PM) yes they usually do !

Step 1: more phone calls
Step 2: a letter from you with specific deadlines
Step 3: a letter from your lawyer

...in parallel contact the Home Warranty folks who will put add`l pressure on builder !

Step 4: a lawsuit

The squeaky wheel gets the grease .. keep phoning EVERY DAY

KIWInCALGARY

Registered
Just to add to this `UBG` is `United Builders Group` and the building company responsible for this project (that is part of that group) is `Todays Communities`.

Luong98

Registered
I had a similar problem with my house. After countless phone calls, we got fed up and threaten to report this to Global trouble shooter and the BBB. They came the next day and fixed it.

Top Bottom