Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to sell AFS to potential seller?

MonteDobson

Registered
Hello quick turn gurus,

I have an opportunity to buy a property for what is owed, with approx 15-20K in equity. Their mortgage is up for renewal in April 2014 and they have a huge payout penalty if they sell or break the mortgage early. So I was thinking of proposing an agreement for sale, which leads me to my question:

How do you "sell" an AFS deal to a seller? ie. How would an AFS deal benefit these sellers, other than saving them a payout penalty??

Also, what kind of "wording" and terminology do you use with sellers...my motto is KISS (keep it simple stupid).

Thanks for your help!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Use words like: tax savings, win/win, mutually beneficial, stress relief, no more payments - I'll take care of it, relax, everyone's a winner, headache free, simple, proven, experienced investor, trustworthy guy, Regina born and bred, community member, businessman, shared faith, common belief, ...

L

lanedry77

I'd say that you will take over the payments on their mortgage, and save them the cost and delay of a realtor and a huge payout penalty.

There's a lot more that could be said, but that's about 'KISS' as you can get.

Thanks,

David.

Aaron Moore

REIN Member
It's a lot easier to sell the AFS concept to an individual motivated seller, than it is to their "advisors". You may also need to sell the concept to their family, friends, lawyers and whoever they take advice from. At some point you need to put something in writing that these "advisors" can understand. Some ideas for that are in this discussion...

http://myreinspace.com/rein_members_only/Canadian_Quick_Turn_Real_Estate/108-24201-AFS_and_lien.html

Top Bottom