Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How will the new Reseau express metropolitain (REM) impact West Island (Montreal) property values

XavierCP

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Like Don R Campbell wrote in his book "Real Estate Investing in Canada (p. 51)":

When you read an announcement of a major transportation improvement occurring, get off your couch and go check it out. Transportation equals accessibility; accessibility means population inflow; population inflow means higher demand; higher demand equals increased property values and lower vacancies. That’s how simple the formula is.

I think there's a big potential here to invest in properties in West Island of Montreal considering the upcoming Réseau express métropolitain (REM):

https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...ll-the-rem-impact-west-island-property-values

What do you think?

Mr.Montreal

New Forum Member
Registered
It will have a positive impact on prices. A lot of sellers already take the development into account in their sale price but, since the completion of it is still 3-5 years away, you can still take advantage of its effect. However, I would not focus my whole investing strategy around this development. It is simply a plus if the deal I find is near a future REM station.

XavierCP

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
It will have a positive impact on prices. A lot of sellers already take the development into account in their sale price but, since the completion of it is still 3-5 years away, you can still take advantage of its effect. However, I would not focus my whole investing strategy around this development. It is simply a plus if the deal I find is near a future REM station.

Thank you Mr.Montreal!
I sent you a private message.
Regards,

Top Bottom