Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Inspired by Immigrants

trevismcconaghy

Trevis McConaghy, REIA
REIN Member
After taking the REIA program in Toronto, I have been doing pro bono coaching to gain experience, and to give back to the community. It is amazing how rewarding this can be on a personal level. I will relate a recent story.
Here is a text I received from a man who immigrated to Canada from the Philippines...
'A million thanks for your very kind words sir Trevis. Our passion is tho help other people to get what they want. And God will do the rest. I came here in Canada over 6 years ago with a dollar and fifty cents in my pocket. God provided everything I need and for my family. I also planted my own family tree here.' He explains how he has brought numerous family....' 'A million thanks for giving us the inspiration.'
By asking questions, and reaching out, I have found the true passion of this immigrant, coming from his heart. I feel a connection as my grandfathers both immigrated to Canada in the 1920's. One grandfather had enough money to buy a loaf of bread when he arrived in Halifax from Trondheim, Norway. My second grandfather, having passed away at 93 years of age, always thought he arrived in Halifax from Ireland. We found out from ship records that he arrived in St John's. He was so ill from the voyage that he got on a train destined for Moose Jaw, Sk, unaware of where his ship reached Canada.
I see how my grandparents came with nothing, and helped build our wonderful country. It is inspiring to see how our new immigrants from the Philippines are following in the footsteps of our forefathers. I am blessed to help these people achieve their dreams, and by doing so I am achieving mine.

IrishSean

Registered
The quickest way to success is to help others get there with you on your OWN journey

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
When I came here 30 years ago I couldn't even spell real estate, let alone in English.

My advice to any immigrant: improve your English (or French if you live in Quebec), both written and spoken. I am amazed how poor many immigrants' English is even after 15 or 25 years. Your spelling, your grammar and your choice of words needs to be impeccable and you need to have an accent that is understandable by all. Besides education/skills in your chosen profession, dedication and hard work, it is the #1 impediment to progress.

Top Bottom