Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tory Z

New Forum Member
Registered
Hi guys!

My name is Tory and I have a growing portfolio of homes in transitional areas of Edmonton with proximity to Ice District. I've done quite well through the recession posting strong cash flow numbers using Airbnb.

However, I'm looking for diversify into the BC market, and my sights are set on Kamloops for a variety of reasons (climate, growing wine industry, conventional industry, ski hill, affordability vs Kelowna/YVR, the market hasn't appreciated crazy so more insulation to a market bubble pop).

I found a pretty amazing house in Brocklehurst and it's a waterfront river property. It's on a 20 year flood plain and I'm down with that. My partner's house is in Riverdale in Edmonton and is on a 25 year flood plain. I also like that Brock is pretty transitional as well.

Traditionally in many areas of BC, water access properties are considered great investment and are very desirable. Is the river a desirable address in Kamloops? If it isn't, then I might reconsider being on the river.

Also I am getting mixed signals of my research on Airbnb about it's viability during the winter, but am I to understand the rental marker for traditional tenants is fairly strong?

Anyone else Airbnb full time? Thanks for your opinions and insights!

Tory

Caleb West

Multi Family Commercial|Collaborative Office|
Registered
Hi Troy

The management can kill your free time and there isn't a lot of accountability in it.

Top Bottom