Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Leduc or Spruce Grove?

Dan Golby

REIN Member
Just wondering if people have any opinions on Leduc and Spruce Grove.

If there were 2 identical houses in similar communities, which town would you pick and why?

Thanks in advance for your opinions! (and facts)

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
Leduc - proximity to jobs plus high rent as compared to cost of property.

Dan Golby

REIN Member
I was kind of leaning towards Leduc. It is just so close to Nisku and all the oilfield activity there, plus the airport of course.

Thanks for your feedback!

ChrisDavies

Registered
Ditto here. Leduc is ideal.

Then again if I were looking for a personal residence, I'd say Spruce Grove.

LAndersen

Registered
Leduc all the way. Higher quality of jobs and better local prospects with Nicky and the airport! Also having grown up there I am more biased this way but saying that it has really grown over the last 10 years.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
I have property in Leduc and I'd buy more. It's been a good market. I'm not sure how friendly the city is toward secondary suites, if that's in your plans. When we first bought there in 2007, they were specifically not permitted, but I think that was changed in 2010 or so. Like Sherilynn said, good rents for the prices. No experience in Spruce Grove so I can't comment on that area.

Dan Golby

REIN Member
So plans changed....

After making an offer in Leduc that went sour I ended up making an offer in Edmonton instead.....I chose the city instead for a few reasons, mostly because the numbers are similar and Edmonton has a more diverse economy.

If Nisku suddenly got slow Leduc could become a tough market.....and my other property is in an oilpatch market that would likely also be in a rough state if Nisku was slow.

Obviously Edmonton would hurt in a similar situation, but I decided not to expose myself to 2 small markets when a bigger one is so close......just my opinion, I could be wrong. Time will tell!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Leduc for all purposes is Edmonton.

We own a sizable building in StonyPlain since 2004 (almost ten years now - wow), and used to own two houses, now one, and it certainly is not Edmonton. Spruce Grove a wee bit closer than StonyPlain but is mentally and distance wise further away from Edmonton than Leduc, primarily due to airport and traffic south to Calgary.

Leduc/Nisku is a good market, as is Edmonton of course. Spruce Grove/StonyPlain is good too, but smaller and more volatile and as such prices and rents are lower by 10-15%.

Top Bottom