Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for a financial advisor

DianneDachyshyn

Registered
We`re reading a book by David Bach, and he recommends hiring a financial advisor to help us reach our dreams. He said in order to avoid picking someone who is just another salesperson, pushing his or her pet funds, that we need to ask successful (wealthy) people for their recommendations. He said that studies have proven that successful people hire financial advisors.

So, I`m starting a discussion on this topic. Can any of you recommend a good financial advisor? I consider REIN members some of the more "successful" people I know. Therefore, I would appreciate your feedback.

These are some questions to ask people who recommend a financial advisor I would appreciate that if you pass on a name, that you also answer some of these questions:

[list type=decimal][*]Why do you like your advisor?[*]How long have you worked together?[*]What specifically has he or she done for you?How do you pay this person?Will you be compensated for this referral?Did he or she provide you with a written financial plan?[/list type=decimal]Thanks to anyone who takes the time to recommend a good advisor. I know that we all plan to reach our Belize through Real Estate, but often there is more that we can be doing to help us reach our goals faster.

We live in Edmonton, but I`m not so sure that our advisor would need to live here as well.

Thanks!

mar

Registered
QUOTE (DianneDachyshyn @ Aug 13 2008, 06:40 PM) We`re reading a book by David Bach, and he recommends hiring a financial advisor to help us reach our dreams. He said in order to avoid picking someone who is just another salesperson, pushing his or her pet funds, that we need to ask successful (wealthy) people for their recommendations. He said that studies have proven that successful people hire financial advisors.

So, I`m starting a discussion on this topic. Can any of you recommend a good financial advisor? I consider REIN members some of the more "successful" people I know. Therefore, I would appreciate your feedback.

These are some questions to ask people who recommend a financial advisor I would appreciate that if you pass on a name, that you also answer some of these questions:

[list type=decimal][*]Why do you like your advisor?[*]How long have you worked together?[*]What specifically has he or she done for you?How do you pay this person?Will you be compensated for this referral?Did he or she provide you with a written financial plan?[/list type=decimal]Thanks to anyone who takes the time to recommend a good advisor. I know that we all plan to reach our Belize through Real Estate, but often there is more that we can be doing to help us reach our goals faster.

We live in Edmonton, but I`m not so sure that our advisor would need to live here as well.

Thanks!

Great post Dianne! I too have been looking for a reputable financial advisor. Looking forward to reading your replies.

Marcus

thejules

REIN Member
Some people may not realize this, Peter Kinch is also a certified financial planner. I would highly recommend him for that purpose ONLY if you are serious about your investments...

Top Bottom