Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for mortgage broker in Atlantic Canada

adamturner

Registered
Hi there all.

Im making a move with the family to the Halifax area and was looking for a mortgage broker. Any suggestions would help.

Does my mortgage broker even need to live in the same province as I do?

Cheers all.
Adam Turner

RobMacdonald

Registered
Your broker does not necessarily have to live in the province that you do. Each province has different legislation regarding out of province brokers, some have more concern over it that others.

In most cases, as long as the broker does not maintain a business locations, and/or market specifically in the province, then they will not be violating any provincial regulations.

I would not recommend picking your mortgage professional by geographic location.

MikeMcCrae

Registered
I agree somewhat with Rob. You do not pick your broker by location, but I strongly recommend that your broker is from the same province that you are purchasing your property. Lenders are getting nervous about crossing provincial boundaries. My feeling is the less we give the lenders to get excited about the better. There are very good brokers in every province. If you have difficulty finding one in N.S. drop me a line and I will do some research for you.

Top Bottom