Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No longer a hamster on a wheel

leighd

Registered
Today was the last day of my "working in an office" life. After 24 + years of owning a property management business I have retired. I have many people to thank for this happy situation,namely my husband for his patience,creativity and years of hard work, my family for their patience and understanding, REIN and Don Campbell for encouraging us both to invest in Edmonton at such an advantageous time and for supporting us at our property managment firm.

I have learned alot from owning a property management firm; the most important things have to do with how to treat people and what to do when people treat us badly. It took us alot of years in business to come to the conclusion that customers that treated us badly ( rudely,shouting, lying ) were going to be given their property back. We also learned to to tell the good ones how much we enjoyed working with them.

We had a good bye party yesterday for our employees. Some of our employees have been with us for 20+ years. I am very proud of this fact, since I believe it shows we treated them right. My husband and I have done everything we can think of to ensure a smooth transition to the new ownership, for our owners and employees.

My tenants, owners and employees and I have been to each other`s family weddings, funerals, and anniversaries.This is the best possible outcome in business when you can share life experiences.

Tomorrow I am picking up our brand new trailer so I can spend the summer travelling and figuring out what to do next. ( But first a quick 1 month trip to France ) My Belize is getting clearer.
style_emoticons

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Congrats... we will miss you as wonderful property managers for sure! Have an AMAZING trip to Europe, enjoy our strong Canadian dollar.

We`ll watch for your photo with the book in front of the many sites in France!

Top Bottom