Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Private Investment Rates?

YorkCorner

New Forum Member
Registered
Hi, guys. First time posting. This is a rate of return on private investment question. I have three doors in Nova Scotia, and as of today have an offer in on another house. I have two friends who are willing to invest some, and if I ask them each for half the worth of a down payment, so I don't pay anything down myself (except for closing costs) but I assume the mortgage... what is a good rate of return for them in 1 -3 years? I've seen 6-16... is that right? I intend to move to this house, so the deal is not a flip or a pure investment (which would be easier). The only up side to them would be a straight return for 1 to 3 years. (At which point I'd refinance to pay them out. 35k each. 10%? Per year?) Any tips on this would be terrific. Doing a lot of research but it's the first time I'm using other people's money -- potentially. I'm discussing the situation with my mortgage broker tomorrow, as well. Thank you!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
I’d give them a share of equity ie value upside and mortgage pay down.

You can’t use other people’s money to get a mortgage. You can add it after the fact though, say as a second mortgage.

I’d say 8-9%/yr is reasonable but the risk is you can’t pay them on a refi. Then what? What’s the security ? A mortgage? A prom note?

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Top Bottom