Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Proper identification

Anonymous

Registered
Welcome everyone,

I think that we can really begin to develop a powerful support network of REIN members across the country through the use of MyREINSpace.

As a suggestion, I would like to recommend that people use their first and last names when signing up or maybe there is a way to change this in the admin settings. in addition, by adding a picture in the user profile and as an avatar would really help to get to know each other buy face and name.

Having a smiley face with the name buzz light year or MrRealEstate is difficult to identify.

Only a suggestion but i really think that the community would be best served by clarity and proper identification.

As a tip, if you need help editing a photo, google has a free photo management system which can be found at http://picasa.google.ca/intl/en/#utm_sourc...p;utm_medium=et That is how I edited my photo.

Please let me know how I can be of assistance.

Grant

Registered
Thanks, Mark for your suggestions. Right now, the first and last names must be provided when signing up; however, they are only visible to administrators. That is a setting that can be easily changed; however, for privacy reasons I don`t think it should be mandatory.

I think what is best is that members can indicate their names and contact information in their signatures so that it remains optional.

Also, as Mark said, feel free to upload a photo and avatar (the picture next to every post). Customize your own profile so that people can tell who you are and get to know you.

Cheers!

dominicrouse

Registered
Hello everyone!

Just registered my new business name today and decided to make my first post on the forum, which is a fantastic idea. I`m a new member and riding up the learning curve.

See you all again soon in cyberspace...

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (MarkGarrett @ Aug 29 2007, 02:10 PM)
As a suggestion, I would like to recommend that people use their first and last names when signing up or maybe there is a way to change this in the admin settings. in addition, by adding a picture in the user profile and as an avatar would really help to get to know each other buy face and name.

Having a smiley face with the name buzz light year or MrRealEstate is difficult to identify.

Only a suggestion but i really think that the community would be best served by clarity and proper identification.

It's definitely a good suggestion, but we obviously don't want to force it on anybody (for privacy issues). I've found that everyone's done a pretty good job of identifying themselves (either by first name, last name, or a combination of the two), but it's certainly alright to have a quirky internet username if you don't feel like throwing yourself out into cyberspace
<

p.s. let me know when you get my PM Mark! We're excited to have you helping us out here on these boards.

FayWong

Registered
Hello, this is a great change. I am not very computer literate, but still have been managing to find my way around. Thanks
Fay

FayWong

Registered
Hello again
The user name I used when first registering is not what I would like to have show on the postings. I would prefer to use my real name. I have not used forums before so I sort of messed up on that when signing up. How can this be fixed?
Thanks
Fay

jason

Registered
QUOTE (wongfam @ Aug 30 2007, 06:38 PM)
Hello again

The user name I used when first registering is not what I would like to have show on the postings. I would prefer to use my real name. I have not used forums before so I sort of messed up on that when signing up. How can this be fixed?

Thanks

Fay

It's not something you can do youself.. send a personal message to Grant (click on his name in the thread and choose Send Message) and ask if you can have it changed.

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (wongfam @ Aug 30 2007, 05:38 PM) Hello again
Thanks
Fay

I can actually fix this for `ya real quick (just send me a private message or tell me what you want it changed to in here)

style_emoticons

Top Bottom