Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question about Jan possession

AllenCastaban

New Forum Member
Registered
I own 5 rental properties (all legal 2 units), one unit became available, I showed the unit, a couple have applied, after reviewing the application I decided to rent to them. We signed one year lease and I collected firrst and last. That was in Nov and they seem to be such a nice couple. And now I started getting some emails from them, not nice at all, claiming things which were never been discussed (and in contrary of what is written in the lease) and accusing me to be a liar and a shoddy landlord. I am getting ugly emails from them and I decided they would not be good tenants. What can I do? Can I give them their money back and get out of giving the place to them at that point (Lease is for Jan 1st possession)

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Legally you are bound to let them move in. But perhaps ask them if they still wish to move in ( under the assumption that the lease terms are clear and not along their line of wishful thinking ).

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

adriano

Registered
If it were me , I would not move ahead with people like that. Especially if they haven't moved in yet and are starting to be like that. That to me looks like a big problem coming. It's your place and you can rent to who ever you want , so in this case , if you feel this isn't going to work, go with your gut and rent yo someone else's. Give them their money back and move on. Not worth the headaches you are about to have. That's my thoughts

kfort

Registered
Follow the law, it’s there for a reason. Let them know it appears to you that they are unhappy with the place, and that if they would like out of their legally binding & enforceable contract you may be willing to entertain that... for a fee.

& get better at screening.

bb2

Registered
Follow the law, it’s there for a reason. Let them know it appears to you that they are unhappy with the place, and that if they would like out of their legally binding & enforceable contract you may be willing to entertain that... for a fee.

& get better at screening.

In my experience if someone starts sending ugly emails after you approved them they are probably trying to find a way out.

Top Bottom