Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rank these applicants

invst4profit

Registered
Knowing in advance what each did for a living rank the following individuals that have applied to live in your single family up scale rental (upper class neighbourhood) by your first to last choice. Give your reasoning for each choice.

White Collar Criminal
Professional Baseball Player
Wall Street Drug Dealer
High Class Call Girl
City Official
Air Traffic Controller
International Model

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (invst4profit @ Oct 16 2008, 11:59 AM) Knowing in advance what each did for a living rank the following individuals that have applied to live in your single family up scale rental (upper class neighbourhood) by your first to last choice. Give your reasoning for each choice.

White Collar Criminal
Professional Baseball Player
Wall Street Drug Dealer
High Class Call Girl
City Official
Air Traffic Controller
International Model

I will assume that your reference to the Wall Street Drug Dealer means this question regarding your upscal rental is in NYC. MY wife and I spent a week in NYC this summer, so we have a pretty good feel for rents there. a small, old, poorly located 1-bedroom apt in Manhattan is no less than $3,000 per month. A decent 2-3 bedroom apt, reasonable well located runs no less than $10,000 per month. So our tenant had better be making New York type income to afford our furnished apt.

So to keep this simple I would first discard all the applicants except the City Official and the Air Traffic Controller and the International Model, as, given the melt-down going on currently, they will be the only ones still earning enough money to pay the rent.

As the Model will become yesterday`s news before the lease runs out, and will be broke and addicted to something, I will shred her application next.

The City Official would be likely to be suffering more economically than the Air Traffic Controller, as their sources of income-on-the-side (remember, this is NYC) would have pretty much dried up.

So I am left with only the Air Traffic Controller to rent to, and the interesting positive with that person would be their dimished stress levels due to the reduction in air travel, as no-one in the US can afford to fly now.

HeatherBrandt

Registered
Interesting proposition. Okay, since I won`t be held to this is real life I`ll step out of the comfort zone:

High class call girl
-income (always in demand), will take care of place and have quality furnishings for business purposes, probably have personal protection, no trouble to neighbours as clients want anonymity. (...possible additional cashflow by noting the famous people coming and going...)

City official
-long term middle class renter. Could be a problem if you get on his/her wrong side.

air traffic controller
-income, good at focusing on a crisis. Downside is may explode from stress.

White Collar criminal
-tough ethic-wise, but probably good tenant due to wanting a low profile and good income.

Baseball player
-could be high needs, property damage, might suffer from `roid rage.

Model
-as above, but different drugs

Wall street drug dealer
-can`t tolerate drug dealers.

Heather

Nir

REIN Member
Hi Greg, Nice one :)

I ranked them based on risk in general, expected rent collection issues and potential maintenance issues:

1- first choice, 7- last choice.

1. Air Traffic Controller (stable income, stable personality we hope:)
2. International Model (low maintenance and utility costs if away a lot, high income but not stable not only income-wise, some models are not stable:)
3. Professional Baseball Player (got the money, not necessarily the attitude)
4. City Official (will pay on time but can raise issues "normal" tenants don`t even know exist:)
5. High Class Call Girl (you don`t know what is going on in the apartment)
6. White Collar Criminal (a criminal)
7. Wall Street Drug Dealer (a criminal)

Regards,
Neil

invst4profit

Registered
Remember this is a upper class single family.

1) City Official. It is all about who you know and this guy is a asset that can grease some
wheels

2) Wall street Dealer. If you know this guy is a dealer you are a customer or business associate.
His customers are doctors, lawyers, captains of industry. Very good fit
for neighbourhood as is probably already in that social group. Will not deal
from home.

3) Call Girl. Usually prefer condos so likely only has one customer if looking to rent upscale
home. If you can find out who is paying her rent this is a big asset. If it is #1
above move her to the top of the list.

4) International model. Again usually prefer condos so is probably recently married. Never home,
husband will probably fit in too well with wives in neighborhood, good for 2
years till divorce or career tanks.

5) White collar Criminal. Good solid tenant if family man. Check to confirm he has paid his debt to
society or is presently serving on weekends. Contact his employer, if it is a
good paying job and employer is aware of his past indiscretion this is a good
tenant but not one that will benefit you much unless he is an accountant. If
he is an accountant move him up the list one level.

6) Baseball player. High maintenance, alcohol and drug abuse but will pay for all damage his
friends cause. Initially well accepted but neighbours will quickly tire of calling
police for rowdy behaviour.

7) Air Traffic Controller. Very high stress, will probably nail all doors and windows shut one day and
attempt to take off from roof. This will result in several months of lost income
searching for new tenant. Not a good choice for tenant. Make sure you get
first and last month rent.

Top Bottom