That's wonderful. Welcome to our Forum!Hello everyone, just join this forum a few days ago and so happy to see me here. I don't hear about the routine maintenance of properties never before. Thanks for sharing such a great list. I love it so much and think it may be helpful to the people.
Re-caulking windows and doors is essential as well lolDue Diligence:
Your house requires routine maintenance. Below are some suggestions for maintenance checks and services on your own home and your rental properties.
Create an annual maintenance checklist to properly care for your home and prevent potential issues from becoming major problems.
Here are some suggestions on inspection times and what should be inspected.
• Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
• Clean range hood filters to avoid possible grease fires.
• Trim back any shrubbery or plant growth around the outdoor HVAC unit by at least 18 inches.
• Check and wipe down sliding doors and window tracks.
• Replace batteries in smoke detectors.
• Test garage door and grease tracks as needed.
• Clear gutters of spring and fall foliage.
• Power wash windows and siding.
• Schedule seasonal service of the HVAC system before summer and winter.
• Change air filters in the heating and air conditioning system.
• Inspect and insulate pipes to protect them from freezing.
• Trim trees and shrubs away from the home's exterior.
• Touch up exterior paint and check for wood rot or water damage.
• Check grouting in kitchen and bathroom and repair if necessary.
Being proactive is the best way to avoid costly repairs and issues in the future.