Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

yellow letter

Ian

Registered
Hello
It appears easy to purchase list of names, addresses from list brokers when it comes to postal code areas. From what I understand, and according to Ron Legrand, they aren`t the best source for prospects. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make a more defined/refined search for potential prospects (other than expired listings) or does one just send out letters to postal code zones and hope for the best?
Thanks for any advice!

Ian

JohnSoucie

REIN Member
QUOTE (Ian @ Nov 3 2009, 07:57 PM) Hello
It appears easy to purchase list of names, addresses from list brokers when it comes to postal code areas. From what I understand, and according to Ron Legrand, they aren`t the best source for prospects. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make a more defined/refined search for potential prospects (other than expired listings) or does one just send out letters to postal code zones and hope for the best?
Thanks for any advice!

Ian

Ian;

There are many comments in many threads in the Quickturn forum about this already. You aren`t the first to come to this realization....and no, I don`t think there has been a single other "list" option put forth......yet! Welcome to Canada.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Foreclosure lists, out west, seem to be an item that someone scoops up from the courts, but for Ontario I think the Power of Sale system skips the ability to create a list. It`s info between the lenders and the Realtors. Can any Ontario Realtors comment on this?

John

ScottS

Registered
Hi Ian,

Canadian privacy laws make it tough to get additional info. Postal Codes are not the BEST list to mail to, but it is what we have. I`m assuming you haven`t talked to a broker yet as they can help you narrow down who you mail to. You can mail to an age category or income category for instance. There are probably other ways to narrow down your lists as well.

The other way to look at it is you don`t know who you are mailing to, so neither does anyone else. Someone in divorce or who is just getting behind in their payments may not have anyone mailing them a letter.

Good luck.

Top Bottom