Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brantford-Natives block construction GlobeMail

thejules

REIN Member
QUOTE (donksky @ Oct 21 2007, 05:44 PM) http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...query=brantford
Anyone with insight on this? It shouldn`t affect existing properties does it?

Well since no one appears to be touching this Hot Potatoe of an issue, perhaps I can give you some insight from my own personal opinion.

I am a Canadian Native person that grew up on an isolated Indian Reservation in Northern Quebec. I watched as my father & my mother, fought for native rights in the mid seventies and the early eighties. We are a spritual peoples that live in harmony with the land. We have an oral tradition that is handed down, word of mouth from generation to generation. One of the teachings that was handed down to me was that the land gives us life and sustains our life style. Hunting and fishing are a big part of our family tradition. The Land is to treated with respect because it is sacred. And out of respect, we do defend our Mother Earth. Unfortunatly in our country`s history there have been agreements made between the Fedral & Provincial Governments and the Native People that have not been kept. So what`s happening in Caledonia is a contemporary example of these broken agreements. This is a very sensitive issue for both sides. The only thing that I know for sure is that this needs to be resolved. Fortunately there are other land claim disputes in other areas of the country that are being resolved for the benefit of both parties. I just hope that they will take these other settlements into account and return to negociations to settle this dispute. I consider this an opportunity for the next evolution in relations between the Government and Native People within our country. I am very optimistic about the future. Thanks to REIN & Real Estate investing, I am buying back all the Native Land one title at a time! Just kidding
. But I will say that I am self-determing in my own destiny and it doesn`t depend on where I came from or on the Government. I am building my own families financial independance. But that`s just me.

SO would I be buying in the area near Caledonia right now? No. Would I be concerned about the existing properties that I own else where in that region. No, not at all. Your real estate lawyer would`ve conducted a search on the property & if there was a Native Land claim issue, you would`ve been informed. And if there is a Native Land Claim attached to the property that your buying, this would call for a more indept investigation into this. And this is a part of your due dilligence process anyways. And you should be very cautious, like any purchase. If I were you, I be keeping an eye on the situation. And I would absolutley keep investing in that region. Brantford has tremendous potential! It`s good to keep informed on theses issues & to keep moving forward on acheiving your investing goals. Keep an open mind. And Keep Smiling.......Jules B)

Top Bottom