Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Canadian Cross Border Mortgage Lenders

bstallings

Registered
I am looking for good, easy to work with, minimum money down, cross border Canadian mortgage lenders for US single family and condo investment properties.

RobMacdonald

Registered
Hi there,

To finance a US real estate investment, you`d either have to take equity out of Canadian Real Estate or deal directly with a US bank or broker

BobHudson

Registered
QUOTE (bstallings @ Dec 22 2007, 03:06 PM) I am looking for good, easy to work with, minimum money down, cross border Canadian mortgage lenders for US single family and condo investment properties.

Though I have not tried to use them, RBC has cross border mortgages under its RBC Centura Brand.
I read about this product in "The Canadian Snowbird in America".
Link is at http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/RBC:R26Zuo71A8...-mortgages.html

If that does not work for you, I have a wondeful mortgage broker in Arizona by the name of Curtis Finster. I am sure he will be able to help. You can find his link in the Dec 17th post at my real estate blog: http://lease2ownbob.blogspot.com/ .

navaz

Registered
Take a long term approach and start building a credit rating in the US and get a US tax ID nubmer. To build a credit rating -borrow money secured by cash in the bank from a US bank - or try to get a credit card and pay them off quickly

BobHudson

Registered
QUOTE (navaz @ Dec 23 2007, 04:46 PM) Take a long term approach and start building a credit rating in the US and get a US tax ID nubmer. To build a credit rating -borrow money secured by cash in the bank from a US bank - or try to get a credit card and pay them off quickly

It makes sense to build up a credit rating in the U.S. Here is something really interesting, though. There are virtually no checks on the mortgage application that my wife and I have submitted - no proof of salary, no letters from my employer, no credit score checks, no bank balance checks. It is a wild, new world for us in the U.S. and I am shocked at how easy it is to get our U.S. mortgage!

Top Bottom