Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you mind if I replace the stove?

L

lanedry77

Diane and I had a great thing happen yesterday when doing a move-in inspection for a basement suite, and I thought I`d share it with the group;

When in the kitchen, the new tenant (a 22 year old single guy who works for the Brick as a delivery person) very simply asked "Do you mind if I replace the stove?".

I was a bit thrown by the question, and asked exactly what he meant - Was he asking if I minded him buying a new stove and then having us reimburse him?

Nope... He wants to buy a new stove through his employee discount, and install it, then remove the old one (it`s OLD... Eaton`s branded!). AND, he doesn`t have any interest in taking it with him when/if he leaves.

!!

So, I send a big Thank you to REIN and each member on the forums here that have helped refine the tenant screening process to a level that produces tenants that want to replace appliances.

With kind regards,

David.

JPAQ

Registered
QUOTE (DavidSandbrand @ Jan 3 2008, 01:31 PM) Diane and I had a great thing happen yesterday when doing a move-in inspection for a basement suite, and I thought I`d share it with the group;

When in the kitchen, the new tenant (a 22 year old single guy who works for the Brick as a delivery person) very simply asked "Do you mind if I replace the stove?".

I was a bit thrown by the question, and asked exactly what he meant - Was he asking if I minded him buying a new stove and then having us reimburse him?

Nope... He wants to buy a new stove through his employee discount, and install it, then remove the old one (it`s OLD... Eaton`s branded!). AND, he doesn`t have any interest in taking it with him when/if he leaves.

!!

So, I send a big Thank you to REIN and each member on the forums here that have helped refine the tenant screening process to a level that produces tenants that want to replace appliances.
With kind regards,

David.

WOW what a cool Story,

Hey if he has any buddies that work in Edmonton and are looking for a place with an old stove that needs replaceing get them to give me a call!!

Jason Paquette

Top Bottom