Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you use a service to post your vacancy ads?

surfermoe

Registered
Hi folks,

We have a couple of units coming up for rent, and in the past we`ve had success posting our ads on free classified ads sites (specifically, Craigslist and Kijiji). The only drawback to these sites is the time it takes to post ads.

I`m wondering if anyone uses software or a paid service to do the posting to these sites?

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Moe

wgraham

REIN Member
QUOTE (surfermoe @ Apr 14 2010, 11:23 AM) Hi folks,

We have a couple of units coming up for rent, and in the past we`ve had success posting our ads on free classified ads sites (specifically, Craigslist and Kijiji). The only drawback to these sites is the time it takes to post ads.

I`m wondering if anyone uses software or a paid service to do the posting to these sites?

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Moe

Use a site like www.rentfaster.ca Your ads stay archived for future use and you get a discount when you re-enable them. check out Chris Davies site for a great blog post on how to determine which site is best for you http://www.chrisdavies.ca/

Much more professional, gets the job done more effectively and you don`t waste your time with Kijiji.

stevestein

Registered
I have properties in Forest Lawn Calgary and I get the best response from Kijiji. Every morning I copy and paste my old ad and repost it, that way my ad is always on the first 2 pages, and it takes me only about 2 minutes. And I do post on rentfaster, rentspot, and homerent as well, but still most of the calls as well as the quality of tenants come from kijiji. Maybe it`s just in that area I am not sure. I don`t know of any software to post the ads, but the time and effort is well worth it.

fumbrunner

Registered
Pay the couple bucks to keep it as a top ad on kijiji. Typically, I do so for a week and is usually enough time to find a tenant.

2ndstory

Registered
Seems like a pretty minor thing. I would consider it just part of the job, unless I was managing a lot of doors and a lot of vacancies.

Nik

Top Bottom