Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Easy eviction if family moves in?

Gen1GT

Registered
Is it true that if you buy a rental property and you plan on letting your family live there(my mom in this case), then it is grounds for easy eviction?

housingrental

Registered
To clarify you`re worried about having to evict your mom in the future?

QUOTE (Gen1GT @ Mar 29 2010, 05:55 AM) Is it true that if you buy a rental property and you plan on letting your family live there(my mom in this case), then it is grounds for easy eviction?

aiden1983

Registered
I think that he wants to know if it is easier to evict someone if he was to say his Mom was moving into the rental.

QUOTE (housingrental @ Mar 29 2010, 07:19 AM) To clarify you`re worried about having to evict your mom in the future?

DaveRhydderch

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Mar 29 2010, 07:19 AM) To clarify you`re worried about having to evict your mom in the future?

Don always says do your due diligence......

Gen1GT

Registered
Yeah, my mom is a deadbeat...!

Yeah, I live in Ontario. I`d like to buy a place for her, and one of the places I`m looking at already has tenants.

housingrental

Registered
Sorry the wording of your post led to ambiguity
If there on lease you cant get them out until at least end of lease
If there at the property after lease you want to use n12 form - ie 60 days notice minimum to end at end of month
Depending on your tenant and the speed of process in your area when things go wrong it might be appropriate to plan on moving in a bit after that..
Generally speaking you should be able to get them out for your mother.

QUOTE (Gen1GT @ Mar 29 2010, 07:13 PM) Yeah, my mom is a deadbeat...!

Yeah, I live in Ontario. I`d like to buy a place for her, and one of the places I`m looking at already has tenants.

Top Bottom