Fort McMurray Questions

aiden1983

Registered
Well my wife and I have received offers to move to Ft Mac which would be difficult to say no too. So now I have a few questions for you guys.
1, Is the market in Ft Mac stable enough to buy a house?
2, Would you recommend buying a house as a PR and renting the basement ($550K $1800 rent) vs buying a condo ($350K $400 condo fees)?
3, Does anyone know of a good realtor up in Ft Mac?

I am sure I will have more questions but any info would be great.
thanks Aiden

Anonymous

Registered
Alright so im just wondering if anyone here has any knowledge of PB in fort mac. Im moving there on sunday for 2 months of work and ill be looking for new gear as long as there is a field there. Any info would be killer thanks guys

greg12

Registered
Now is a good time to buy in Fort mac as prices have come down from two years ago. It is a bit less stable than the bigger towns due to the transient population. But then the upswings are usually much bigger too so you just have to make sure you can get good cash flow regardless of the economy. I will recommend option two, but please ensure that the property will cash flow nicely in the event you must leave town without selling. A nice 3 bedroom basement suite in the Timberlea/Thickwood area should easily rent for $2300-$2500 or more if furnished. PM me [email protected] if you wish to discuss more.

QUOTE (aiden1983 @ Mar 9 2010, 04:02 PM) Well my wife and I have received offers to move to Ft Mac which would be difficult to say no too. So now I have a few questions for you guys.
1, Is the market in Ft Mac stable enough to buy a house?
2, Would you recommend buying a house as a PR and renting the basement ($550K $1800 rent) vs buying a condo ($350K $400 condo fees)?
3, Does anyone know of a good realtor up in Ft Mac?

I am sure I will have more questions but any info would be great.
thanks Aiden