Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Front Pad Parking Toronto

markl

Registered
Just wondering if anybody had ever applied. I was told because there is street parking on the side that I own on that they would turn it down right away but I could dispute that for a further fee of course.

Has anybody successfully disputed this before? Is it worth my time?

Thanks for the help

Regards,

Mark Loeffler
www.homeownersoon.com

terri

Registered
QUOTE (markl @ Dec 4 2007, 11:46 AM) Just wondering if anybody had ever applied. I was told because there is street parking on the side that I own on that they would turn it down right away but I could dispute that for a further fee of course.

Has anybody successfully disputed this before? Is it worth my time?

Thanks for the help

Regards,

Mark Loeffler
www.homeownersoon.com

hi Mark,

I`ve never applied for front pad parking before but I have looked into it and was told outright NO! Not a chance! Absolutely not! (did not end up buying the house because parking was a deal breaker).

not sure what area of the city you are looking into doing this, but from what I was told, permits for front pad parking are regulated by each ward individually. I was looking in the Parkdale area between Roncesvalles and Dufferin, north of Queen and apparently they have a very strick policy of no more front pad parking permits.

West of Roncesvalles, on the High Park side seems to be a different story, however, I was told that those properties were eligible for front pad parking.

Because it is a ward by ward basis, I would be a bit hesitant to take other`s experiences to heart unless they are in your ward.

I don`t know if this is of any help, but I would ask the department that issues the parking pad permits if any one else in your ward has ever appealed and what the outcome was. Find out whose job it is to review your permit application and try and speak with them directly, see what they have to say about your situation, it might save you the cost of the application and appeal or it could get you the permit . Off street parking can add so much to the resale price of a home here in Toronto that it`s definitely worth spending a bit of time to look into.

Would love to find out how it goes and if you end up getting the permit, what area of the city you are in, ha.

Terri
[email protected]

Top Bottom