Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hamilton target areas

Karinwelsh

Registered
Any input on target areas for Hamilton + areas to be avoided would be appreciated.

My daughter is looking for her first property and I`m anxious to see her in a safe, secure, positive growth area.
She may consider joint ventures if the right place comes up, but we`d like the units to be legal and without
any special challenges (ie, next to a gas station or crack house).

Thanks,

Karin

BMironov

Registered
Hi Karin,

I`m not sure about all details of your situation. But in general, Hamilton Mountain is pretty good place to invest. Avoid downtown core for many reasons. Is she going to study in Hamilton and be a landlord of the property?

It would be very interesting to talk about Hamilton with you on coming REIN meeting (Dec 6).

Talk to you soon,
Boris

Karinwelsh

Registered
You've posted some good info on Hamilton, I noticed. That's a great help!

My daughter works in Oakville. She's decided to buy in Hamilton mostly because of affordability. She won't be keen on

too much landlording as her work schedule keeps her pretty busy, so I'm not quite sure what the right fit is going to be

for her. Either a house with a rental in the basement, or maaaybe a tri plex or four plex. Guess we'll have to see what's available.

Hamilton Mountain. I'll remember that. Other REIN members have mentioned that south of Main and east of Sherman are ok areas

as well. What are your thoughts?

I plan on attending Thursday's REIN meeting. Would be great to chat.

Karin

QUOTE (BMironov @ Dec 3 2007, 03:00 PM)
Hi Karin,

I'm not sure about all details of your situation. But in general, Hamilton Mountain is pretty good place to invest. Avoid downtown core for many reasons. Is she going to study in Hamilton and be a landlord of the property?

It would be very interesting to talk about Hamilton with you on coming REIN meeting (Dec 6).

Talk to you soon,

Boris

Top Bottom